Author Topic: SC Senate race: Bill Connor becomes Lindsey Graham’s 4th GOP opponent  (Read 720 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

COLUMBIA, SC — Orangeburg attorney and U.S. Army veteran Bill Connor – who lost the 2010 Republican runoff for lieutenant governor to Ken Ard – has filed to run against U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham in next June’s Republican primary, according to federal election documents.

Connor did not return requests for comment Friday. However, he filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission Tuesday, indicating he plans to run.

Connor is the fourth Republican to oppose Graham in the primary, joining state Sen. Lee Bright of Spartanburg, Easley businessman Richard Cash and Charleston public-relations executive Nancy Mace.

Unlike Bright, Cash and Mace, Connor has run a statewide campaign before, raising more than $600,000 for his bid to win the GOP nomination for lieutenant governor, according to finance records with the S.C. Election Commission.

I suppose the good news is that Lady Lindsey is perceived as vulnerable. The bad news is that the increasing number of opposition candidates is going to dilute the anti-Lindsey vote and open up the possibility of another "Libertarian" spoiler like we saw in VA.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: SC Senate race: Bill Connor becomes Lindsey Graham’s 4th GOP opponent
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 02:48:35 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Graham himself commissioned Connor's dummy candidacy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

Re: SC Senate race: Bill Connor becomes Lindsey Graham’s 4th GOP opponent
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:16 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Graham himself commissioned Connor's dummy candidacy.

IIRC correctly in SC if they don't get a 50% plurality they have a run off election.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776