Author Topic: Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

This guy is such an idiot he must take pills in order to enhance its impact.

Tom Cruise has never been shy about expressing his beliefs, and in a recent deposition, the actor said he believed acting was as hard as fighting a war.

Cruise sat with lawyers to be deposed for his case against Bauer Publishing for stories two of its publications printed following his divorce from Katie Holmes, articles that stated he had "abandoned" his daughter Suri.

During the deposition, a lawyer questioned Cruise about remarks his camp had made equating his work and inability to see daughter Suri to fighting in Afghanistan.

"That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise said, according to TMZ.

The deposition also revealed that Cruise did not see Suri for more than 100 days at one point following his split from Holmes, though he maintains that he spoke to her on the phone frequently and that the two have a close relationship.

Happy Veteran's Day, you insipid dolt.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/11/08/tom-cruise-my-work-as-actor-is-as-hard-as-fighting-in-afghanistan/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Tom Cruise: My work as an actor is as hard as fighting in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:46:40 am »
Megyn Kelly skewered him big-time on her show last hour.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:11:27 am »
:banging:

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:19:29 am »
:bigsilly:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:13:12 pm »
I can't imagine how relieved Katie Holmes must feel to have freed herself and their daughter from his insanity and the clutches of his wacko cult.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:27:43 pm »
Was any context left out?

This doesn't seem like something Tom Cruise would say.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »
I agree.  Here's the context it was probably in:  Tom Cruise is known for doing all his own stunts.  I don't follow his movies much, but I imagine the stunts in the Mission Impossible series, or Obliviion--the stunts were quite physically demanding, especially on an old guy over 50. 

I suspect he was probably making a stupid analogy, and it got blown all out of hand. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 03:16:14 pm »
Was any context left out?

This doesn't seem like something Tom Cruise would say.

I don't care what the context was! If he actually said this he is still and IDIOT!

Perhaps we should arrange for Mr. Cruise to go to Afghanistan and give a thousand or so of the folks now serving there a little break!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:20:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »
Done a few tours in the sandbox? That's nothing compared to couch jumping /s

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 05:50:16 pm »
I have seen many 'behind the scenes' videos of Tom Cruise's movies.

Just like Tarkey paints women in all his works....Cruise runs and sprints and does most of his own stunts.

While I will agree that Tom Cruise may be a little "out there" when it comes to his Scientology beliefs, there would be no logical reason for him to purposely demean a soldier executing a tour in Afghanistan.

And check out OBLIVION....he's fabulous in that flick.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »
there would be no logical reason for him to purposely demean a soldier executing a tour in Afghanistan.

That's just it. In his mind he hasn't demeaned anyone. He is just trying to get the rest of the world to understand what a big man he is. Someone get the guy a medal

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »
Dark Lord Xenu is tired of your shenanigans Tom.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 08:41:05 pm »
Who is Tom Cruise? 888smokin

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 09:14:30 pm »
Performing a physically demanding stunt which is preplanned and designed with all safety measures possible is the same as going out every day to confront possible IEDs and ambushes? And at the end of the day to return to your well appointed trailer stocked with all the embellishments and treats you may wish is the same as sleeping in a tent and being served MREs?

Hmmmm. Somehow, I don't think so.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »