Author Topic: Did Chris Christie just try to knife an ally? By Reid Wilson November 8 at 9:23 am  (Read 903 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/11/08/did-chris-christie-just-try-to-knife-an-ally/
Did Chris Christie just try to knife an ally?

By Reid Wilson
    November 8 at 9:23 am

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), fresh off a landslide reelection win and seemingly with an eye on the 2016 presidential race, spent Thursday trying to oust a longtime Republican ally from power.

Christie and his staff lobbied Republican state senators to dump their leader, Senate Minority Leader Tom Kean Jr., after three terms atop the GOP conference. At least four Republican senators paraded through Christie’s office Thursday morning to get the hard sell.

Christie was pushing Senate Republicans to choose Kevin O’Toole, an Essex senator, to replace Kean. Ultimately, Kean won 10 of the 16 votes inside the Republican conference to keep his job.

After the meeting, the Newark Star-Ledger reported that Kean and O’Toole emerged from a conference room sweating.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

All Governors make moves to put their guys in positions of power.  It's not personal it's smart politics.

Oceander

All Governors make moves to put their guys in positions of power.  It's not personal it's smart politics.

Except when it involves a conservative or tea party type, in which case it's pure skullduggery.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Except when it involves a conservative or tea party type, in which case it's pure skullduggery.

I'm sorry, Oceander your reply is too vague for me to catch the reference.  I'm Polish.  Would you elaborate please?

Offline MBB1984

Christie backstabs at every opportunity and even when it doesn't involve New Jersey politics. Pufferfish backstabbed Romney twice, and just when Romney need him most.