Author Topic: Challenger Invites Sen. McConnell to Gun Range When ‘He’s Not Busy Pandering to DC Lobbyists’ – and She’s a Democrat  (Read 1040 times)

Offline happyg

Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, who is also a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, invited the Republican she hopes to unseat, Sen. Mitch McConnell, to the gun range. That is, “whenever he’s not busy pandering to DC lobbyists.”

Not only did she hit McConnell for alleged ties to lobbyists, but she also used guns in making her point.

Alison L. Grimes        ✔  @AlisonForKY   

Whenever he's not busy pandering to DC lobbyists, I welcome Sen. McConnell to come shoot with me at the range any day

Though many Democrats are anti-gun, this publicity stunt is not really that surprising. Kentuckians love their guns, and if she’s going to have a chance to win her run for Senate, she’s going to have to convince voters that she is an advocate for the Second Amendment.

Earlier on Friday, she sent out the following press release reiterating her pro-gun views:
As an NRA member, my strong support for the Second Amendment is unquestioned. I am proud of Kentucky’s long-held gun ownership, sporting and hunting traditions. It is unfortunate that Senator McConnell is desperate to mislead Kentucky voters about my strong support for the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will protect my fellow Kentuckians’ right to keep and bear arms. Whenever he’s not busy pandering to Washington lobbyists, I welcome Senator McConnell to come shoot with me at the range any day.

According to a Courier-Journal Bluegrass poll from earlier this year, 65 percent of Kentucky residents said they believe guns do more good than harm in society, compared to just 27 percent who think the opposite.

(H/T: National Journal)
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/08/challenger-invites-sen-mcconnell-to-gun-range-when-hes-not-busy-pandering-to-dc-lobbyists-and-shes-a-democrat/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

It isn't the guns that has me giggling.  It's this statement by a Democrat:
“whenever he’s not busy pandering to DC lobbyists.”
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

It isn't the guns that has me giggling.  It's this statement by a Democrat:

That is what I was laughing about, too.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Whoa she is hot.  I'd like to spend 5 to 10 minutes with her if she could keep her liberal mouth shut that long.  McConnell should get some tips from Dick Cheney if he goes shooting with her.  The Hollywood left is funding Grimes.  The Tea Party contingent is rooting her on.  Strange bed fellows.

Offline Cincinnatus

The Tea Party contingent is rooting her on

Uh, no. The TP of Kentucky is seeking to replace McConnell with a principled Conservative like Rand Paul in the REPUBLICAN primary, not elect some Democrat.

McConnell to get Tea Party primary challenger
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/22/19618819-mcconnell-to-get-tea-party-primary-challenger?lite

If you can't get that point right rather hard to believe you can get much else about the Tea Party right.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The Tea Party contingent is rooting her on

Uh, no. The TP of Kentucky is seeking to replace McConnell with a principled Conservative like Rand Paul in the REPUBLICAN primary, not elect some Democrat.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/22/19618819-mcconnell-to-get-tea-party-primary-challenger?lite

If you can't get that point right rather hard to believe you can get much else about the Tea Party right.

I'll rephrase.  The Tea Party is giggling over her.