Author Topic: Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative  (Read 1040 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:49:25 am »
http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/16/tea-partys-image-turns-more-negative/

Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative

Ted Cruz’s Popularity Soars among Tea Party Republicans

Unfavorable Views of Tea Party Have Nearly Doubled Since 2010The Tea Party is less popular than ever, with even many Republicans now viewing the movement negatively. Overall, nearly half of the public (49%) has an unfavorable opinion of the Tea Party, while 30% have a favorable opinion.

The balance of opinion toward the Tea Party has turned more negative since June, when 37% viewed it favorably and 45% had an unfavorable opinion. And the Tea Party’s image is much more negative today than it was three years ago, shortly after it emerged as a conservative protest movement against Barack Obama’s policies on health care and the economy.

In February 2010, when the Tea Party was less well known, the balance of opinion toward the movement was positive (33% favorable vs. 25% unfavorable). Unfavorable opinion spiked to 43% in 2011 after Republicans won a House majority and Tea Party members played a leading role in that summer’s debt ceiling debate.

snip

Lots of interesting figures from surveys, at the link. I expect a lot of denial; don't believe in polls, consider the source, etc. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 05:52:30 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Re: Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:52:35 am »
So don't anyone dare vote for Cruz, or some other tea party type who might be nominated to be the Republican candidate in some race.  But dammit, all youz tea party types had better vote for the moderate nominee no matter how hard you have to hold your nose.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 05:53:24 am »
So don't anyone dare vote for Cruz, or some other tea party type who might be nominated to be the Republican candidate in some race.  But dammit, all youz tea party types had better vote for the moderate nominee no matter how hard you have to hold your nose.

:thumbsup:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:21:22 pm »
If Cruz is the Tea Party's standard bearer, I anticipate a Tea Party revival.  No potential Republican candidate is as smart or as skilled as a debater than he.

I can't wait to see him debate all of the other GOP candidates.  Cruz will eat their lunch.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:29:07 pm »
Then they trash the Tea Party, they are trashing their grassroots voters. The problem is not the Tea Party, but how the MSM, democrats, and RINOS portray them. All either don't know what the Tea Party really is, or are downright lying.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »
I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:51:44 pm »
I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.
Or, to quote an old Serbian saying, better a grave than a slave.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 01:54:38 pm »
Great quotes, both.  They are something the "go along to get along" crowd will never wrap their minds around.