Author Topic: Christie-Buono race draws record low turnout for N.J. governor's election  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

This is rather interesting given all the promotion Christie is receiving as a possible Presidential candidate. Doesn't look like his support in his home state can exactly be called exuberant.

New Jersey voters may have set another record for low turnout Tuesday — this time for a gubernatorial election.

With 99 percent of the voting precincts counted, 2,073,642 voters cast ballots for governor, according to the Associated Press. That's a shade less than 38 percent of the state's registered voters.

The voter totals will go up because they don't include provisional ballots yet to be counted, as well as those who may have voted for other offices but not governor. The record low for a governor's race is 47 percent, set four years ago.

The special U.S. Senate election held three weeks ago set the record for lowest turnout of any Jersey state level-contest: 24.5 percent

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/christie-buono_race_draws_record_low_turnout_for_nj_governors_election.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

Re: Christie-Buono race draws record low turnout for N.J. governor's election
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:04:47 am »
It's because Democrats stayed at home.  That's why the he won 60/40.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:09:45 am »
Eric Bolling said he was on his way to vote and went home when he realized he just could not vote for the least bad governor candidate.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:12 am »
Eric Bolling said he was on his way to vote and went home when he realized he just could not vote for the least bad governor candidate.

You don't have any idea how that it knocked the wind from my sails when I heard him say that.  My only defense is I love my wife.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.