Author Topic: Terrifying Images Of The Record Typhoon Hitting The Philippines  (Read 529 times)

Offline happyg

Terrifying Images Of The Record Typhoon Hitting The Philippines
« on: November 07, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »
A record-breaking typhoon smashed into central Philippines early Friday morning local time.

Haiyan — the fourth typhoon to hit the Philippines in 2013 — could be the strongest storm ever recorded to make landfall, with winds of up to 200 mph.

Below are some intensely-scary images and animations of the storm brewing in the western Pacific Ocean.

Here's the latest animation from NOAA.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/~~/f?id=527c15a4ecad04dd65df1736

Satellites from the Japan Meteorological Agency and EUMESTAT captured this image of Typhoon Haiyan approaching the Philippines on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8 a.m. EST.

This image shows some islands in the Philippines as seen through Typhoon Haiyan's eye.

More pictures at link: http://www.businessinsider.com/images-of-super-typhoon-haiyan-2013-11

Offline mountaineer

Re: Terrifying Images Of The Record Typhoon Hitting The Philippines
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:34 AM »
Some folks from our church are visiting their son there right now. Prayers!
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Offline happyg

Re: Terrifying Images Of The Record Typhoon Hitting The Philippines
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
Some folks from our church are visiting their son there right now. Prayers!

My past doctor is from there, along with a few other friends. I hope they stay safe, and I'm praying for them, too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf