Author Topic: Sen. Landrieu won't appear with Obama at Port of New Orleans  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Landrieu won't appear with Obama at Port of New Orleans
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:25 pm »
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/sen_landrieu_wont_appear_with.html

By Julia O'Donoghue, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

on November 07, 2013 at 4:28 PM, updated November 07, 2013 at 4:30 PM

When President Barack Obama appears at the Port of New Orleans tomorrow, he won't be joined by Louisiana's only statewide elected Democrat, U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu.

Landrieu will travel with Obama to New Orleans on the president's plane, Air Force One, but she doesn't plan to attend his speech about boosting exports. The U.S. Senator has a long-standing engagement in Lake Charles that takes place at the same time and she can't be in both places at once, staff said.

Her absence at Obama's public appearance in Louisiana this year could raise some questions. Landrieu is expected to face a tough re-election campaign in 2014, and some wonder whether she prefers not to stand side by side with a president who lost her home state by nearly 18 points in 2012. Obama's approval rating also dipped to just under 40 percent in a new poll released this week.

"I have a hard time seeing how her appearing with the President really helps her out enough to make it worth her while," said Geoff Skelley, with the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, which tracks congressional races around the country.

Others said Landrieu appearing with Obama could actually hurt her campaign. U.S. Rep. Bill Cassidy, who is running against Landrieu, would likely use any photo of the president and senator together in attack advertisements next year.

"I think any image of her with him would be used by Cassidy over and over and over again," said Kirby Goidel, director of the Public Policy Research Center at LSU. "If I were on the Cassidy team, I would try to turn her into Barack Obama."

"If the race can be nationalized, that is when she is at her most vulnerable," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Sen. Landrieu won't appear with Obama at Port of New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:26 pm »
yah...Mary is in deep trouble in Louisiana over Obamacare.  She's been one of his main cheerleaders until things started going sour, and then she was one of the first 'rats to abandon ship.

Offline musiclady

Re: Sen. Landrieu won't appear with Obama at Port of New Orleans
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »
Too late, Mary.

You're a lackey, and there's no getting out of it.

Idiot.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.