Author Topic: GOP Passed Up Chance to Drive Stake Through Heart of Obamacare in Virginia  (Read 1505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/06/gop_passed_up_chance_to_drive_stake_through_heart_of_obamacare_in_virginia

GOP Passed Up Chance to Drive Stake Through Heart of Obamacare in Virginia
November 06, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I don't like playing the coulda/woulda game, and I don't believe in moral victories. You lose or you win and that's it.

But having said that, folks, do you realize what coulda happened if the Republican establishment woulda supported Cuccinelli yesterday?  In addition to him winning, I mean.  The GOP apparently didn't want to win Virginia because they didn't want the Tea Party getting credit for it.  But we can also add to that. I think we have to be honest and say that they didn't care about repudiating Obamacare, either.

Because if there was a place to plant the flag in opposition to Obamacare in the midst of this rollout, it was in that election.  I can't tell you how frustrating this is.  Here the country is just abandoning Obama and Obamacare as fast as they can on this, and here's a race where it is albatross of Obamacare is hanging around McAuliffe's neck.  If the Republicans had gone in there and secured a Cuccinelli victory, do you realize Obamacare would have gotten the blame for McAuliffe's loss, and do you know what that could have done?

That could have caved the Democrats and Obamacare.  Now, stop and think about this.  This is why this really frustrates me what happened there.  Because if Cuccinelli wins, everybody's gonna blame Obamacare for McAuliffe's loss.  They're not gonna blame McAuliffe. They're not gonna blame the Clintons.  They would blame Obamacare -- and imagine the Democrats running for reelection next year see what happens to a Clinton bagman. He loses an election where he had all the money, he had all the support.

He loses an election because of Obamacare.

Can you imagine what that would have done to other Democrats and their support of Obamacare?  It was a chance to plant the flag by the Republicans against Obamacare -- to drive a stake, maybe (a little one, at least), through the heart of Obamacare, and the Republicans didn't take the chance.  That's the wrong way to put it.  The Republicans didn't take the opportunity.  Now, we know that the Republican establishment did not want the Tea Party being credited for any victory.

We know that the Republican establishment is happy that the Tea Party get blamed for the loss.  But can we also say that the GOP establishment didn't care about repudiating Obamacare?  'Cause they clearly had a chance.  The Republican Party could have really dealt a huge blow to Obamacare by helping Cuccinelli win, and they didn't.  As I say, I hate playing the Could've/Could've/What-Might-Have-Happened Game, because it didn't happen.  But, man, you can't deny what an opportunity it was.

END TRANSCRIPT

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: GOP Passed Up Chance to Drive Stake Through Heart of Obamacare in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:21:47 pm »
If they made it about obamacare from minute one, yeah. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 12:38:10 pm »
But...but...it's - it's almost as if the GOP wants Obamacare...huh?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

It was a chance to plant the flag by the Republicans against Obamacare -- to drive a stake, maybe (a little one, at least), through the heart of Obamacare, and the Republicans didn't take the chance.  That's the wrong way to put it.  The Republicans didn't take the opportunity.  Now, we know that the Republican establishment did not want the Tea Party being credited for any victory.

More like an arrow....not a 'stake'. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 01:21:12 pm »
Where are our GOPe defenders?  I would be curious to see a response.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »
Reading the postmortem on any race is really funny. It's all conjecture. Depends on who's giving the analysis. It's like watching a good magician at work.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »
Reading the postmortem on any race is really funny. It's all conjecture. Depends on who's giving the analysis. It's like watching a good magician at work.

Not sure why you say that.  I've,followed this race for a year as I'm a fan of Cuch since he wad the first in the nation to take on O care and I can't stand anyone associated with the Clintons.  Ive examined the exit polling from Tuesday and its been common knowledge for months Cuch was getting no help from establishment GOP while I clearly remember McDonald's race and people like Christie going there to campaign... so there really isn't any conjecture about why we lost a race we would have won if he'd had anywhere near the help McDonald ... who turned out to be a crook... received.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:33:20 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
But...but...it's - it's almost as if the GOP wants Obamacare...huh?

We have a winner!

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:18:42 pm »

Not sure why you say that.  I've,followed this race for a year as I'm a fan of Cuch since he wad the first in the nation to take on O care and I can't stand anyone associated with the Clintons.  Ive examined the exit polling from Tuesday and its been common knowledge for months Cuch was getting no help from establishment GOP while I clearly remember McDonald's race and people like Christie going there to campaign... so there really isn't any conjecture about why we lost a race we would have won if he'd had anywhere near the help McDonald ... who turned out to be a crook... received.

I'm not sure Christie's people would have been there for McDonald, they first won the same year, 2009.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 07:44:48 pm »
I'm not sure Christie's people would have been there for McDonald, they first won the same year, 2009.

Go back and look at the record, Christie went to VA and campaigned for McDonald.... as a matter of fact they specifically (both Christie and McDonald) told Sarah Palin at the time we DO NOT want your help stay away... and McDonald and Christie were having private meetings at the time, too...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 07:52:18 pm »
Go back and look at the record, Christie went to VA and campaigned for McDonald.... as a matter of fact they specifically (both Christie and McDonald) told Sarah Palin at the time we DO NOT want your help stay away... and McDonald and Christie were having private meetings at the time, too...

Okay.  Thanks on that.