Author Topic:  (Read 504 times)

Offline DCPatriot

« on: November 07, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »

Unfortunately, the behavior attributed to the participant's isn't 'manly'.

It's just Junior High on steroids...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:34:37 AM »
Unfortunately, the behavior attributed to the participant's isn't 'manly'.

It's just Junior High on steroids...

They are men, playing a kids game, with enormous pressure. Strange things come out of such an environment.

I see this as more of the feminization of America. The proper way to handle this, would have been to get the two men in a room, and work it out. Extract apologies or promises, or whatever is necessary to put it behind and move along. But, the media is so invested in anti bullying, (which makes me cringe), and feminization, that this thing has taken on a life of it's own.

I usually watch Mike & Mike on ESPN with my morning coffee. They are beating this story so hard, I can't watch. I hope they come to their senses soon.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »
I see this as more of the feminization of America. The proper way to handle this, would have been to get the two men in a room, and work it out. Extract apologies or promises, or whatever is necessary to put it behind and move along. But, the media is so invested in anti bullying, (which makes me cringe), and feminization, that this thing has taken on a life of it's own.

I agree.  Over the past 50 years, so many men have been raised without fathers that our society no longer remembers what manly behavior is.  Mothers alone cannot raise men.  It takes a Father to do that and Fathers have systematically been ripped out of family by giving women legal power they are not capable of handling.

Used to be that a divorce involved the wife leaving and the husband keeping the kids.  This introduced a natural incentive into the marriage to work things out because women didn't want to lose their kids and husbands didn't necessarily want to raise kids alone.

Now, a woman can kick her husband out, keep the house, make him pay money and move a new man in whenever she wants.  Far too many are quite willing to 'cash in' on that opportunity.

This change was by design, IMO,  and we are reaping the whirlwind of the deliberate destruction of the basic societal unit... the family.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
I agree.  Over the past 50 years, so many men have been raised without fathers that our society no longer remembers what manly behavior is.  Mothers alone cannot raise men.  It takes a Father to do that and Fathers have systematically been ripped out of family by giving women legal power they are not capable of handling.

Used to be that a divorce involved the wife leaving and the husband keeping the kids.  This introduced a natural incentive into the marriage to work things out because women didn't want to lose their kids and husbands didn't necessarily want to raise kids alone.

Now, a woman can kick her husband out, keep the house, make him pay money and move a new man in whenever she wants.  Far too many are quite willing to 'cash in' on that opportunity.

This change was by design, IMO,  and we are reaping the whirlwind of the deliberate destruction of the basic societal unit... the family.
I agree...deliberate.

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

Yep. Because once the family unit is inconsequential, the state becomes the unchallenged authority.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf