Author Topic: Under God under attack again  (Read 671 times)

rangerrebew

Under God under attack again
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:17:37 am »
Under God Under Attack Again

By Michael Reisig   / 5 November 2013   / 63 Comments   

A few years ago I sat in slack-jawed disbelief when I heard the announcement that "under God" had been voted to be slashed from the Pledge of Allegiance by two federal appeals court judges in San Francisco. (Where else but San Francisco – where The Boy Scouts are all but outlawed, and "his" and "hers" school restrooms are being eliminated because they offend (or confuse) two percent of the school population.) Now, recently, in Massachusetts, a family has challenged the pledge of allegiance and are demanding the two words “under God” be removed, because they claim those two words “violate students’ rights.”  The fact that this “ungodly” farce managed any traction at all demonstrates how clearly "political correctness" is beginning to blur and even erase our traditional concepts and values. This attempt to remove God from the American landscape is the latest assault on our constitution and those uncomplicated, powerful words that were laid, ink on paper, over two centuries ago.

We have always been a nation "under God." It has been this undeniable and abiding belief in God and the absolute certainty of his assistance through prayer that has held this nation strong, from Bunker Hill and the Alamo, to the shores of Normandy – (and for all their posturing, let me assure you, there are no atheists in foxholes).

pledgeThat same faith, that belief in God, has been the unwavering force that has seen us through our dark hours – that has healed the wounds and softened the scars of a nation's tragedies. "In God We Trust" is written on our currency, the Declaration of Independence refers to God four times, Congress begins each session with a prayer, and the Supreme Court begins each of its sessions with the phrase, "God save the United States and this honorable court."

This present suit was brought about by a family who claim the pledge’s repetitiveness in a public school system is indoctrinating and alienating to atheists. (Then step outside and chant to Beelzebub for a moment or two, but don’t try to take away what the rest of us have because it doesn’t fit into your myopic, unholy doctrine.) Actually, the whole affair is little more than a sham, because it’s been illegal to force anyone to recite the Pledge of Allegiance since 1943. This is all about the big picture – removing God from the next generation.

For that family I would recommend a six-month mandatory stay in China, Russia, or North Korea. I think they need a first-hand view of life in a country where "God" is not an essential part of the governing bodies.

To the folks who brought this suit about, I would also say: What kind of tragedy was it that took your faith and made you so bitter? What is it that you're so afraid of, and what do you hate so much that you would put your children through all this? (Because this was not your children’s idea.) Are you concerned some of this "faith" their classmates share might rub off on them and displace some of the hostility for God and country you've tried to instill? What a terrible world you must live in – without faith in your Creator or belief in your homeland.  Nonetheless, I would remind you that regardless of your faith (or lack of), your country and your God still serve you. That must aggravate the hell out of you.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2719/god-attack/#Buuc4VWKX8eoXvYI.99