Author Topic:  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

« on: November 06, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
Norquist is also a huge lover of amnesty for illegal aliens.  He is not a true Conservative.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
Christie is not pro muslm, he's dismissive of it, which is worse.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
Norquist is also a huge lover of amnesty for illegal aliens.  He is not a true Conservative.

Grover Norquist is the poster boy for the GOPe!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »
Christie is not pro muslm, he's dismissive of it, which is worse.

He has stated he favors the Ground Zero Mosque.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
Who is  Norquist?.....and who cares what he says!!!

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »

For a long time we were all led to believe he was one of "us" a low tax conservative... instead it turns out he is a Trojan Horse (or a Muslm) horse..... I first got wind of how bad he was in 2008 when McCain was running for President when I read an article that he first refused to support McCain and McCain informed him he had "dirt" on him and would bring it out in his Abramhoff hearings if Grover didn't play ball and throw his support to him.  This is one of the things that has always made me wonder why Charlie Crist suddenly changed from the announcement he was going to make supporting Rudy and suddenly said I am going to support McCain.  Let's face it we can't trust anyone....... they have all become so corrupt we are all left to our own device.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »
I have to agree with him.

Let's admit it right now here.   If Ronald Reagan were alive today and running the California of today...you'd dismiss him as you do Christie.

I'm just concerned his weight and health make him a prime candidate for a Breitbart-type hit.  A projectile that dissolves in the body and induces a fatal heart attack. 

That said, what's to choose between another 4-8 years of Alinskyite Hillary Clinton....whose senior thesis was titled, "THERE IS ONLY THE FIGHT", or
Chris Christie, who is a fiscal conservative and has the personality and character to beat back the public service unions.

He's Daniel in the lion's den....every freaking day.

And he get's things done for his constituency.

It's a no brainer.   That is, if you're not already a Commie.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:48:56 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:52 PM »

Bingo.  Besides, Christie is just as likely to drop dead from a coronary from carrying around all that weight.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
I have to agree with him.

Let's admit it right now here.   If Ronald Reagan were alive today and running the California of today...you'd dismiss him as you do Christie.

Wrong. I voted for Reagan both runs for Governor and every run for President. I even attended one of his fund-raising dinners in Anaheim when he was running for Governor and met he and Nancy,    Christie is no RR, not even a close fifth or sixth, Regan was never an obnoxious loudmouth and he would not have gone around trash conservatives and telling anyone who will listen:  "I don't need conservatives to get elected,"  Well.. maybe in NJ when he had no one to run against he didn't, but in the rest of the freaking county he would and trashing conservatives is no way to kick off your run for President unless you WANT them to stay home.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »
Wrong. I voted for Reagan both runs for Governor and every run for President. I even attended one of his fund-raising dinners in Anaheim when he was running for Governor and met he and Nancy,    Christie is no RR, not even a close fifth or sixth, Regan was never an obnoxious loudmouth and he would not have gone around trash conservatives and telling anyone who will listen:  "I don't need conservatives to get elected,"  Well.. maybe in NJ when he had no one to run against he didn't, but in the rest of the freaking county he would and trashing conservatives is no way to kick off your run for President unless you WANT them to stay home.

Damn it with the strawmen, Rap!

It's a choice between Communism and an attempt to get back to free market capitalism.

It's not about Christie's 'purity'.     At least it shouldn't be.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »
Damn it with the strawmen, Rap!

It's a choice between Communism and an attempt to get back to free market capitalism.

It's not about Christie's 'purity'.     At least it shouldn't be.

I don't frankly care how pissed you get .. the man does not support the 2nd amendment, he is pro amnesty and he is pro-taxes.  There is nothing any different in him than Hillary.  I won't vote for Hillary but I will stay home...

You are falling for the fawning press, there is a ton of skeletons in the mans closet and he is an obnoxious ass hole.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »
I don't frankly care how pissed you get .. the man does not support the 2nd amendment, he is pro amnesty and he is pro-taxes.  There is nothing any different in him than Hillary.  I won't vote for Hillary but I will stay home...

You are falling for the fawning press, there is a ton of skeletons in the mans closet and he is an obnoxious ass hole.

If he's the nominee, I'm voting for him.

Given the circumstances surrounding us....if you don't, then you're part of the problem in this country.....not the solution.

furthermore.....I think an "obnoxious a$$hole"  is EXACTLY what we need to counter these MF'ers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:42:01 PM by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:43 PM »
If he's the nominee, I'm voting for him.

Given the circumstances surrounding us....if you don't, then you're part of the problem in this country.....not the solution.

Good for you.

I'm a conservative. He already said he doesn't want my vote.. in fact he said it loud and clear, I take him at his word and ergo he won't get it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »
Good for you.

I'm a conservative. He already said he doesn't want my vote.. in fact he said it loud and clear, I take him at his word and ergo he won't get it.

That's childish, IMO.  Grow up.   The country is more important than your hurt feelings.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
That's childish, IMO.  Grow up.   The country is more important than your hurt feelings.

Sorry.  Don't want Hillary elect someone else to represent the GOP other than Christie.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »
I will vote for the Republican, regardless of who it is. I am a conservative.

He/she will be better for America than any democrat. Not voting, or voting 3rd party is a vote for the democrat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:46:16 PM by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »
I am not going to be badgered for the next three years like I was for Romney... we tried to tell all of you Romney couldn't win but you all had stars in your eyes for that moderate candidate which the same people here now pimping for Christie had and posted day in and day out the ONLY PERSON WHO CAN BEAT OBAMA is Romney -- that is all you said day in and day out .... Romney, Romney, Romney.......  one day when the GOP no longer exists you will find out giving the middle finger to conservatives is not the way to win the WH.

Romney said"I don't need conservatives" and now Christie has already said "I don't need conservatives."  Well they let winning in a blue state go to their heads thinking they don't need conservatives -- newsflash -- they NEED conservatives.  Christie thinks it's really cute to go after Rand Paul and other conservatives. Well the rest of the country is not New Jersey....  and his comments are contemptable.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 11:38:48 PM »
I am not going to be badgered for the next three years like I was for Romney... we tried to tell all of you Romney couldn't win but you all had stars in your eyes for that moderate candidate which the same people here now pimping for Christie had and posted day in and day out the ONLY PERSON WHO CAN BEAT OBAMA is Romney -- that is all you said day in and day out .... Romney, Romney, Romney.......  one day when the GOP no longer exists you will find out giving the middle finger to conservatives is not the way to win the WH.

Romney said"I don't need conservatives" and now Christie has already said "I don't need conservatives."  Well they let winning in a blue state go to their heads thinking they don't need conservatives -- newsflash -- they NEED conservatives.  Christie thinks it's really cute to go after Rand Paul and other conservatives. Well the rest of the country is not New Jersey....  and his comments are contemptable.

Bullsh*t.

We're not talking about the primaries here.  And you know it.

Furthermore, who among all those candidates besides Mitt Romney....had a fiddler's chance of beating the Obama Machine?

They turned Barbie's "Ken" into Ted Bundy. 

And he was too decent to walk up to George Stephanopoulus and punch him in the mouth.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 12:21:58 AM »
I will vote for the Republican, regardless of who it is. I am a conservative.

He/she will be better for America than any democrat. Not voting, or voting 3rd party is a vote for the democrat.

I'll vote for the republican as well; that doesn't mean I'm just going to sit passively by and let some small bunch of power-brokers pick that republican without some fussin' from me if I don't like their latest pet.

Christie is too much of a democrat in GOP clothing - like Michael Bloomberg - for me to be particularly comfortable with him.  If he ends up being the last horse in the race, sobeit - I'd rather vote for him than for a democrat - but I'm not going to sit idly by and keep my mouth shut during the selection process.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 12:46:57 AM »
Bullsh*t.

We're not talking about the primaries here.  And you know it.

Furthermore, who among all those candidates besides Mitt Romney....had a fiddler's chance of beating the Obama Machine?

They turned Barbie's "Ken" into Ted Bundy. 

And he was too decent to walk up to George Stephanopoulus and punch him in the mouth.

I realize it doesn't bother you passively living in one of the highest tax, most liberal states in the nation, so I don't really expect you to understand how offensive it is that the GOPe has served notice they are out to DESTROY the conservative wing of the GOP....... they are no better than the Democrats... when you have McCain calling Cruz and Lee "whacko birds" and Chris Christie stating he has no use for conservatives -- do not insult me by telling me you expect me to vote for the people who are insulting me in such a blatant manner.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
I realize it doesn't bother you passively living in one of the highest tax, most liberal states in the nation, so I don't really expect you to understand how offensive it is that the GOPe has served notice they are out to DESTROY the conservative wing of the GOP....... they are no better than the Democrats... when you have McCain calling Cruz and Lee "whacko birds" and Chris Christie stating he has no use for conservatives -- do not insult me by telling me you expect me to vote for the people who are insulting me in such a blatant manner.

Would you really prefer another Obama to a Christie?  Would President Hillary be preferable to President Christie?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 01:03:43 AM »
Would you really prefer another Obama to a Christie?  Would President Hillary be preferable to President Christie?
That is the rational question.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 01:07:22 AM »
That is the rational question.

It's the bluntly practical question.  There is, of course, a mirror question:  would you prefer President Hillary to President Cruz?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf