Author Topic: ROFLOL CMA Awards Show  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Rapunzel

ROFLOL CMA Awards Show
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:08 am »
Watching the CMA awards - just started here - and Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley brought the house down skewering Obamacare and even pulled out a computer and sang about it  to the tune of Amarillo by Morning .. it was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages and everyone was laughing - with a couple of exceptions - like Faith Hill and Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift who looked clueless....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:13:40 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: ROFLOL CMA Awards Show
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:14:18 am »
The Duck Dynasty guys did a thing with Carrie and Brad and brought the house down again....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:30:52 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:48:03 am »
Thanks, Myst... it was the best thing I've seen in a while.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:08:46 am »
Thank you so much for the reminder it is on tonight. I forgot all about it.    Hasn't started here yet on the Left Coast
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 03:10:47 am »

They were great in 2011 as well.    But the slam at Obamacare is priceless. All should share on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25sGNdxEs9o
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 03:31:22 am »
I watch it because of Brad and Carrie. They are good together.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:38:43 am »
I watch it because of Brad and Carrie. They are good together.

Yep.. they do a good job... loved when he came out in the stripped suit........ and I liked the Duck Dynasty bit, too.  Certainly a lot more entertaining than the Academy Awards lately.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/whats-buzzing-at-the-2013-cma-awards-27070.gallery

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:40:54 am »

ObamaCare by morning

"Why is it spinning … why is it smoking …" Brad, with a guitar in his hands and Carrie, with her laptop on her lap took on ObamaCare together with a sassy duet. "Obamacare by mornin'," they quipped. "Over six people already served." Ain't that the truth!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 04:12:21 am »
Loved George Strait and Alan Jackson's tribute to George Jones.

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 04:14:16 am »
Loved George Strait and Alan Jackson's tribute to George Jones.

It was a good show. Alan Jackson is one of my all-time favorites. Back then, he couldn't make a bad song.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 04:40:05 am »
It was a good show. Alan Jackson is one of my all-time favorites. Back then, he couldn't make a bad song.

Yep, he's aged.   So has George Strait shrunk or is Alan Jackson really tall?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 04:42:51 am »
I've said it before... whoever the doctor is that did the plastic surgery on Kenny Rogers (and Wayne Newton) he really needs a new line of work.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 05:29:14 am »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/06/country-music-awards-opens-with-brad-paisley-and-carrie-underwood-mocking-obamacare/

Song Mocking Obamacare + Special Duck Dynasty Appearance = Best Country Music Awards Open Ever?
Nov. 6, 2013 8:35pm Jonathon M. Seidl

FULL VIDEO AT LINK........ VERY FUNNY

Wednesday night’s CMA (Country Music Association) awards opened up with a bang, incorporating Kenny Rogers, the Robertson family from “Duck Dynasty,” and even a little Obamacare mockery.

That’s right, hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood had a special segment and even song mocking the failed health care rollout that featured the pair pretending to sign up for Obamacare and then crooning about the failure.

It all started while the pair was singing a new version of “Why Can’t We Be Friends” that faked feuds between some of country music’s biggest stars (including Kenny Rogers) and Paisley stopping abruptly to complain about back pain. That’s when Underwood suggested trying to sign up for Obamacare.

“I started signing up last Thursday and I’m almost done,” she said with a fake smile. “Let’s go to the website and get you signed up.”

That elicited laughs from the crowd as the pair went and grabbed a computer.

“Why’s it spinning?” Paisley asked.

“Oh, it does that,” Underwood responded.

“Why’s it smokin’?” Paisley continued.

“Umm, I don’t know,” Underwood said, looking concerned into the camera. “Maybe we should restart it.”

From there they broke out into a spoof of George Straight’s classic “Amarillo by Morning,” instead singing “Obamacare by morning/ Why’s this taking so long?/I’m going to end up with hemorrhoids/If I sit here ’til dawn.” It continued from there, even taking a shot at the reports that only six people were able to sign up the first day.

But no country music segment would be complete without the South’s first family: the Robertsons of the hit show “Duck Dynasty.” After the Obamacare mockery the clan made a special appearance to present the night’s first award:

This isn’t the first time Paisley and Underwood has used a current controversy to illicit laughs and applause during a CMA opening.

Back in 2011, the pair mocked the mainstream media uproar that ensued after Hank Williams Jr. made a comment about Barack Obama that led to him being fired from singing the opening to “Monday Night Football.”

Offline happyg

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 12:07:12 pm »
Fox just showed that segment of Carrie and Brad. Alan Jackson is 6'4". He makes most men look short!
Last night's show was very good. It reminded me of the old variety shows.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »
I nearly bust my gut with laughter when they  said Taylor Swift never humped a teddy bear, poking fun at Miley Cyrus.   I didn't get though the feuding bit that opened their act. But maybe it's just because I don't follow the day by day Nashville gossip columns.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:09 pm »
I nearly bust my gut with laughter when they  said Taylor Swift never humped a teddy bear, poking fun at Miley Cyrus.   I didn't get though the feuding bit that opened their act. But maybe it's just because I don't follow the day by day Nashville gossip columns.

I know there is a few people who are jerks - like Faith Hill - but most of the Country people are just good old fun people....

Offline happyg

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:12:11 pm »

Luke Bryan & Zac Brown end feud at Country Music Association Awards

Country stars Luke Bryan and Zac Brown ended their feud with an embrace at the 47th annual CMA Awards in Nashville, Tennessee on Wednesday night (06Nov13).

As event co-hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood urged warring country stars to get along by singing War's Why Can't We Be Friends, Bryan and Brown met in the audience at the Bridgestone Arena for a hug.

The two stars fell out when Brown went public with his dislike for Bryan's hit My Kinda Night, which he opened the show with.

The Zac Brown Band frontman called the single the "worst song" he's ever heard, adding it makes him want to "throw up" every time he hears it.

Justin Moore and Jason Aldean both jumped to Bryan's defence, but the singer himself opted not to fight back.

Paisley and Underwood, who are co-hosting the ceremony for the sixth time, also poked fun at feuds between Kanye West and comedian Jimmy Kimmel and the Jonas Brothers as part of their impromptu acoustic performance at the top of the show, and then called on singer Kellie Pickler to hand out "feuding assignments" to stars like newlywed Kelly Clarkson, who was urged to start a fight with her real-life mother-in-law Reba McEntire, with Paisley joking, "That was bound to happen eventually!" - and Kenny Rogers, who was picked to feud with the Celebrity singer onstage.

Paisley stopped singing and hurled joke insults at the Coward of the County singer, stating, "Kenny Rogers is pure evil!"

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Dave_Simpson/2013/11/06/luke_bryan_zac_brown_end_feud_at_coun

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 04:22:25 am »
YOUTUBE PULLED THE VIDEO.

Offline happyg

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 04:27:22 am »
YOUTUBE PULLED THE VIDEO.

Obama probably ordered it removed.  Everyone has already seen it, so the removal of it makes it that more funnier.  :silly:

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams