Author Topic: Daines makes Senate bid official in Montana  (Read 260 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Daines makes Senate bid official in Montana
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »
Rep. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) officially announced his Senate bid on Wednesday, giving Republicans a top-tier recruit for retiring Sen. Max Baucus's (D-Mont.) seat.

"I humbly ask for your support to be Montana's senator, " Daines said at an event in his hometown of Bozeman.

The freshman senator has long been expected to run, and sources told The Hill last week that he would announce Wednesday.
Daines begins the race as a slight favorite to succeed Baucus in the GOP-leaning state. National Democrats are hopeful Montana Lt. Gov. John Walsh (D) will run a strong race, though he got a primary challenger in former Montana Lt. Gov. John Bohlinger (D) on Wednesday.

Anyone know anything about this fellow Daines?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: Daines makes Senate bid official in Montana
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:39 PM »

One-term congressman (MT has only one so no gerrymandering involved), got elected last year. Ran for Lieutenant Governor in '08 and lost. Prior to politics, he was a business executive working primarily with China. Voted for Violence Against Women Act. Pro-2nd Amendment, balanced budget, and energy development.
Proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance • #NeitherTrumpNorHillary

Reminder: no party or candidate is entitled to my vote by default.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie
"You can't fix stupid." —Ron White

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo