Author Topic: LIVE UPDATES: Early Turnout for Virginia Governor's Election: 'A Trickle'  (Read 14212 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: LIVE UPDATES: Early Turnout for Virginia Governor's Election: 'A Trickle'
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2013, 11:58:45 am »
I think the blowback on the GOPe is not going to be pretty... they will try to ride the Christie train, but the fact is they abandoned Cooch and he barely lost.... that will not be forgotten.

I thought the GOP was doomed when they abandonded Cruz, and before that when they passed amnesty.  You mean we had another chance and blew it again.  Uggghhss. :thud:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2013, 01:54:17 pm »
Ease down, Rap. Please? Neither of us said that. Pretty sure DCP doesn't think that and I certainly don't.

Conservatives got successfully branded anti-woman. It is total BS, but like all branding, it sticks in the minds of the LIVs. Think of how successful the branding of Repubs as anti-black has been, despite all the evidence to the contrary! One of the shrewder moves of the Dems. That branding has to be combated.

You raise an interesting point - he did carry married women, by a decent margin too. Yet he lost young women by a massive margin. What is the difference? How can it be used?

Thanks, EC....all I was doing was agreeing with you.

IMO, Mitt Romney must share a lot of the blame for the Southern Gentlemen 'schtick' he donned when Georgie Porgie dropped the outrageous charge during the GOP debates.  Yeah 20/20 hindsight, but this is what being a nice guy gets you when you're dealing with these commies.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2013, 03:09:33 am »
I just can't stand the RNC..
I'm so frustrated and generally pissed.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.