Author Topic: Obama to Grant Asylum to 500,000 (Mostly Muslim) Syrian Refugees  (Read 1450 times)

Offline happyg

Obama to Grant Asylum to 500,000 (Mostly Muslim) Syrian Refugees
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:37:56 am »
NationalReport>Washington, DC–Several high ranking Democratic officials were spotted late this evening leaving the famed Capitol Hill watering hole Tortilla Coast.  On the menu, discussions of President Obama’s decision to grant political asylum to 500,000 (mostly Muslim) Syrian refugees.  According to sources present at the meeting, the group gathered to discuss the details of the decision and to iron out talking points prior to the public announcement.

Following a report recently released from Amnesty International that Jordan had forcibly removed thousands of refugees to their home country, the Obama administration has decided to take action.  “Amnesty is extremely concerned about this trend. While Jordan has made tremendous efforts to accommodate half a million refugees, and is facing pressures as a result, these do not justify such violations of international law,” says Amnesty’s Neil Sammonds, who worked on the report.

The UN has also released a report stating that Syrians in Jordan now account for 10 percent of the country’s total population and Jordan’s economy simply cannot support such a large influx of immigrants.  Approximately 2 million Syrian refugees have fled to neighboring countries in the region including Jordan, Turkey, Iraq and Lebanon.   According to the report, 6 million Syrian’s are in desperate need of help and 4 million have been displaced due to the ongoing Syrian civil war.

The Syrian civil war broke out on March 15, 2011 and nationwide demonstrations grew large by April 2011 as part of the protest movement known as the Arab Spring.  The protesters demanded the immediate resignation of President Bahar al-Assad, whose family has been in power since 1971.

While the meeting was held behind closed doors in the basement, several members of the party spoke with National Report and confirmed that Obama plans on announcing his intent to grant these refugees asylum within days.  The refugees will be granted immediate citizenship status under the guise of political asylum due to intense fighting that has killed 120,000+ citizens.  Camps are being setup in rural areas across the country to temporarily house the refugees complete with FEMA housing, temporary Mosques and schools.
- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/obama-grants-asylum-500000-syrian-refugees-mostly-muslims/#sthash.4NmzGZzf.dpuf

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Obama to Grant Asylum to 500,000 (Mostly Muslim) Syrian Refugees
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:57:36 am »
Insanity.

What more can be said?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:04:08 am »
Something tells me that "National Report" is about as reliable as World Nut Daily or Debka.

The last paragraph doesn't pass the smell test.  Being granted asylum does not grant someone citizenship and it never has.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:15:22 am »
Minnesota.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:34:07 am »
Something tells me that "National Report" is about as reliable as World Nut Daily or Debka.

The last paragraph doesn't pass the smell test.  Being granted asylum does not grant someone citizenship and it never has.

Erdos & Morgan gives The Weekly Standard top scores for print coverage among influential opinion leaders.

Telecommunications Regulation
DC Publication Readership Score
The Weekly Standard 19.0
National Journal 18.2
Roll Call 17.1
The Hill 16.3
New Republic 13.6
CQ Weekly 12.3
National Review 12.2

DC Publication Readership Score
The Weekly Standard 20.9
National Journal 15.5
National Review 13.7
New Republic 12.9

https://www.weeklystandard.com/advertising/pdf/Erdos_and_Morgan.pdf

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 02:45:16 am »

Fox News was reporting it today. Is that unreliable, too?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 02:51:43 am »

Two words: "Anchor babies."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 02:52:58 am »
Fox News was reporting it today. Is that unreliable, too?

I spent the last 1/2 hour looking for another source for this story.  This is the only one reporting it, or it links back to this one as the source.

The last news reports about Obama letting in any refugees was back in the summer.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 02:58:09 am »
I spent the last 1/2 hour looking for another source for this story.  This is the only one reporting it, or it links back to this one as the source.

The last news reports about Obama letting in any refugees was back in the summer.

It was the same figure then, too. Just a rumor at the time, nothing official. Believe me, if there were any real substance in it, the people in the camp we were based in would know all about it and be queuing up. The admins of the camp would certainly know about it.

I'll do some digging later in the day - the line about the FEMA camps doesn't sit easily with me. Heard that line way too many times to trust an article that uses it without providing proof.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 03:04:57 am »
Never heard of this website and just glancing down their front page does not fill me with confidence that they know what they are talking about.

Need some independent confirmation by a reputable source...

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:09:50 am »
I showed a reputable source in my second post. Here it is in more detail:

Market and Media Research Since 1947

Erdos & Morgan is a full-service market research company offering a broad range of services to corporate America, the Media and advertising agencies.

Press Releases

October 10, 2013
Erdos & Morgan Releases Their Much Anticipated 2013 Financial Advisor Media Outlook and Usage (FAMOUS) Study

March 12, 2013
Financial Advisor Media Outlook and Usage Syndicated Study

Syndicated Research

View our wide-ranging studies targeting a worldwide pool of leaders and influencers in business, opinion, travel and investment communities.
Learn more…

Custom Research

View our broad range of custom and proprietary research services to corporate America, the media, marketing consultants and advertising agencies.
Learn more…

http://www.erdosmorgan.com/