Author Topic:  (Read 414 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:11 PM »
and of interest (at least to me) today one of the main guys who was running Christies election team in NJ went to NH to take a job running the 2016 primaries in NH.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »
 35 minutes ago

One win, or one loss for that matter, makes not a national election.

If we had gotten out in front of Cuccinelli sooner would he had won? Hard to say, but I would certainly bet the odds rise, more significantly if we would work together as a party. If that race displays anything it is that balkanization is not only destructive, but a sure electoral loser. The party will never have significant gains unless we put all of our talents together and create a combined strategy which puts us on the same page.

As for Christie, being rather deeply knowledgeable of NJ politics, I can confidently say his reelection is hardly a bellwether for anything except, well, NJ.

You'll notice Mr. Christie has lot's of handy platitudes and criticisms which are ultimately abstractions (or distractions?). He's largely a media candidate and the Republican "Obama" if you will- but with an actual record. He is indeed vainglorious and it's "all about him". He's restored some fiscal sanity in NJ- good for him. He's done the job he was elected to do- notwithstanding the entire sordid Sandy affair paid for on the backs of other states. But how dare we point out that he let folks build there, collected their tax money and then looked to us for a bailout.

But that said, in the spirit of working together, Mr. Christie does have some admirable qualities. I like his moxie (which is seriously lacking in the current Washington effeminate group) and he does know how to work the legislative process. Ultimately, he's a good guy to have on your side- just not as a national candidate. But I've rattled on too long...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 06:13:09 PM »
 2 hours ago

No coat tails. What is the point. Yes I got to vote for him yesterday, but there was no gain. People split their ticket. And conservatives lost on the ballot measures.

If you want someone that might turn around the government a little bit, will veto a few bills but is likely to end up decreasing down ticket influence, Christie is your man. He will get in Hillary's face. But I don't think she is going to be the first lady president anyway. And if the OFA backs another candidate for First Lady President, Christie's hands will be tied. His personality will serve to make him look obnoxious and racist. Of course, we like our politicians obnoxious, it helps them to deal with the other political powers in New Jersey, whether they are in prison or not. But for President? Not so much.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »
This is also just so much bull.
I like his moxie...

Christie gets points for being "outspoken" but who is more outspoken than Ted Cruz? The difference: Cruz criticizes Obama and the Left so he gets a bad press. Christie is bombastic and only criticizes Conservatives, so he gets a fawning press.

It's all in whose ox is being gored.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf