Author Topic: Meghan McCain: Some say ‘I’m the second coming’ of Republicanism  (Read 1057 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/29/meghan-mccain-some-say-im-second-coming-republican/

Meghan McCain said she’s already defied the odds by not disappearing from the public stage after her father’s failed 2008 presidential campaign, and that part of the reason is some regard her as the new face of the Republican Party.

“People project onto me what they want me to be,” said Ms. McCain, the daughter of Arizona Sen. John McCain, in Politico. “If they want me to be this spoiled, crass senator’s daughter, then they will create that and say that to be on Twitter and write articles on me.”

Others, meanwhile, “think I’m the second coming of the new wave of Republicanism,” she said, adding in Politico that either way, that’s incorrect. “I don’t think it’s fair to either demagogue me or put myself up on a pedestal.”

Ms. McCain — who has famously slammed conservative icon Ann Coulter in public rants, and in April tweeted that “People like ann coulter are part of the past” — nonetheless said she didn’t represent the GOP.

“I’m not speaking for all young Republicans,” she said, Politico reported. “There are some very conservative Republicans out there. I just speak for whoever wants me to speak for them.”

Ms. McCain hosts a television show on the Pivot network called “Raising McCain.” And she said her ability to last through the years has angered many.

“I get strong hate and strong love, but I think what pisses people off is the fact that I’m still here,” she said, in Politico. “I think I was supposed to go away and die after the 2008 campaign and I’m really not supposed to be here at 29, still working in the media, still having fun and having a voice. People just seem pissed off that, if you have a famous parent, you’re not allowed to be ambitious and want a career.

Comment deleted ahead of time to save you mods the trouble

:smokin:

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Meghan McCain: Some say ‘I’m the second coming’ of Republicanism
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »
She's a mindless little twit reveling in her phony popularity, blissfully unaware that she's being used.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 09:38:07 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »
I believe her. Surely there are those who tell her she is the second coming of Republicanism.

However, those people are Democrats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:17 pm »
Honey, you're the 2nd AND the 3rd!   :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:38 am »
Meghan,

If you're the 'second coming' of Republicanism, it's definitely 'sloppy seconds'.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »
She's not even the first coming of stupidity. There have been so many others before her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 12:19:27 pm »
I've gone to bed with more reassuring thoughts.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:13:44 pm »
Actually Meghan you're just a piglet with an inflated sense of self and relevance. The media is all too happy to prop you up as a GOP laughing stock

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:20:00 pm »
Actually Meghan you're just a piglet with an inflated sense of self and relevance. The media is all too happy to prop you up as a GOP laughing stock

Well said.