Author Topic: Kerry: US considers Israeli settlements to be 'illegitimate'  (Read 530 times)

Offline flowers

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Kerry: US considers Israeli settlements to be 'illegitimate'
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
Unfortunately, what is not a joke is that John F'n Kerry is the Secretary of State, and he really is communicating the official position of the US, per Obama.  Never mind that Kerry is down meddling in Israeli affairs while the Syrian civil war continues unabated since Obama personally guaranteed the safety of Bashar al Assad.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
Unfortunately, what is not a joke is that John F'n Kerry is the Secretary of State, and he really is communicating the official position of the US, per Obama.  Never mind that Kerry is down meddling in Israeli affairs while the Syrian civil war continues unabated since Obama personally guaranteed the safety of Bashar al Assad.
true. I also think Obama would be pleased to see Israel destroyed.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

He's communicating what is most likely to be taken as a transient American official position because historically the US has been less anti-Israel than it is under Obastard and the democrats.  Since Obama will be gone in 3 years, and since it's not clear at all who the next president will be, I don't think most countries see this as a permanent change to which they must permanently accomodate themselves; at most it's likely to be seen as a short-term divergence from the norm that gives a few parties a small window to make some short-term tactical gains.  I am reasonably certain the Israelis will be slow-walking any "peace" process over which Mr. Kerry has any say for the next three years - they may not even have finished up the introductory niceties and pleasantries by then.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf