Author Topic: Wendy Davis: "I Am Pro-Life; I Care About the Life Of Every Child"  (Read 664 times)

Offline happyg

Christine Rousselle

You read the headline correctly. Texas State Senator and Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis is now claiming to be "pro-life" and to care about the lives of children. Davis gained prominence on a national stage following at 11-hour filibuster in Texas against a bill that would ban abortion after 20 weeks and would require abortion clinics to comply with basic health standards.

The law eventually passed following a special session called by Gov. Rick Perry. The law was challenged in court, where parts were found unconstitutional by one judge and reinstated by another. The 20-week ban was never challenged in court.

Since announcing her campaign for governor, Davis has been distancing herself from her views on abortion. Now she's trying to lie and say she's pro-life.

Newsflash, Sen. Davis. Being pro-life means respecting the lives of the unborn as well.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2013/11/06/wendy-davis-i-am-prolife-i-care-about-the-life-of-every-child-n1740092?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Wendy Davis: "I Am Pro-Life; I Care About the Life Of Every Child"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:02:04 pm »
You read the headline correctly. Texas State Senator and Democratic candidate for governor Wendy Davis is now claiming to be "pro-life" and to care about the lives of children. Davis gained prominence on a national stage following at 11-hour filibuster in Texas against a bill that would ban abortion after 20 weeks and would require abortion clinics to comply with basic health standards.

Must be using the old Clintoon definition where you had to have taken a breath before you were considered 'alive'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Wendy Davis: "I Am Pro-Life; I Care About the Life Of Every Child"
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »
She cares if they somehow managed to survive being chopped to bits.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton