Author Topic: Obama administration attacks and smears cancer patient  (Read 679 times)

rangerrebew

Obama administration attacks and smears cancer patient
« on: November 06, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
The Obama Administration Attacks and Smears Cancer Patient

By Onan Coca   / 6 November 2013   / 69 Comments   

You should be very careful if you decide to stand up against the Obama administration. One never knows the lengths that the administration will go to in an effort to not look as stupid and inept as they are. One case in point is the story of one woman who is fighting to survive Stage-4 Cancer of her gallbladder. She argues that the Obama administration’s claims about keeping your insurance, keeping your doctors, and life under Obamacare improving are complete lies when it comes to her care. She had great insurance, was treated by the best doctors and was sure that she was getting the best chances to fight her cancer thanks to those factors.

Two things have been essential in my fight to survive stage-4 cancer. The first are doctors and health teams in California and Texas: at the medical center of the University of California, San Diego, and its Moores Cancer Center; Stanford University's Cancer Institute; and the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

The second element essential to my fight is a United Healthcare PPO (preferred provider organization) health-insurance policy.

Since March 2007 United Healthcare has paid $1.2 million to help keep me alive, and it has never once questioned any treatment or procedure recommended by my medical team. The company pays a fair price to the doctors and hospitals, on time, and is responsive to the emergency treatment requirements of late-stage cancer. Its caring people in the claims office have been readily available to talk to me and my providers.

But then, Obamacare came along and changed… EVERYTHING.

But in January, United Healthcare sent me a letter announcing that they were pulling out of the individual California market… You would think it would be simple to find a health-exchange plan that allows me, living in San Diego, to continue to see my primary oncologist at Stanford University and my primary care doctors at the University of California, San Diego. Not so... So if I go with a health-exchange plan, I must choose between Stanford and UCSD. Stanford has kept me alive—but UCSD has provided emergency and local treatment support during wretched periods of this disease, and it is where my primary-care doctors are… Before the Affordable Care Act, health-insurance policies could not be sold across state lines; now policies sold on the Affordable Care Act exchanges may not be offered across county lines.

Her story is heartbreaking and just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the horrors that we will all begin hearing in the coming days, weeks and months. It’s inevitable, because Obamacare fundamentally changes EVERYTHING.

Never one to let a perceived slight pass without defending themselves, the Obama team was quick to respond in an attempt to defame and smear the messenger.

Fortunately, twitter users were quick to respond to the White House’s sad attempt to attack the character of a woman who is simply telling her story. The White House turned to the liberal smear masters at Think Progress, to spin her story for them. Sadly, they fell far short of that. All they really did was smear a woman dying of cancer because she had the audacity to stand up and tell the truth. Obamacare is driving our nation’s healthcare backwards. Our healthcare system is worse-off today than it was before President Obama, and that’s a message the Democrats can’t allow to be told.

So, if you are thinking about standing up to the Democrat machine… you better come ready for some mud-slinging

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2730/obama-administration-attacks-smears-cancer-patient/#JTAD55q5FW5RW8zK.99