Author Topic: Kelly File: Gov't Had 'Explicit Deal' With Private Insurers to Cancel Plans  (Read 1170 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/11/06/kelly-file-govt-had-explicit-deal-private-insurers-cancel-plans

FOX NEWS INSIDER - In an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, a Stage 4 cancer patient shared her story about losing the health plan that helped her survive through a seven-year struggle against gallbladder cancer.

Edie Sundby, one of the estimated 900,000 Californians who will see their plans canceled under new ObamaCare regulations, wrote that she "is one of the losers" in the Affordable Care Act.

My choice is to get coverage through the government health exchange and lose access to my cancer doctors, or pay much more for insurance outside the exchange (the quotes average 40% to 50% more) for the privilege of starting over with an unfamiliar insurance company and impaired benefits.

Countless hours searching for non-exchange plans have uncovered nothing that compares well with my existing coverage. But the greatest source of frustration is Covered California, the state's Affordable Care Act health-insurance exchange and, by some reports, one of the best such exchanges in the country. After four weeks of researching plans on the website, talking directly to government exchange counselors, insurance companies and medical providers, my insurance broker and I are as confused as ever. Time is running out and we still don't have a clue how to best proceed.

Her impactful story prompted a quick response from the White House, which directed people to an article on the left-leaning website Think Progress, entitled "The Real Reason That The Cancer Patient Writing In Today’s Wall Street Journal Lost Her Insurance."

In the article, Igor Volsky wrote that "Sundby shouldn’t blame reform — United Healthcare dropped her coverage because they’ve struggled to compete in California’s individual health care market for years and didn’t want to pay for sicker patients like Sundby."

United Healthcare had already expressed concerns that the initial enrollees into ObamaCare would overwhelmingly consist of sick people, with not enough young, healthy people signing up.

On The Kelly File Tuesday night, Trace Gallagher reported that in California, insurance carriers had to agree to cancel policies that did not qualify under ObamaCare regulations in order to be eligible to participate in the state exchange, Covered California, and receive the federal subsidies.

"Unbelievable. That is an explicit deal to break the president's promise [about Americans keeping their health plans]. It's not even arguably accidental," Kelly responded.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34