Author Topic: Some reflections on the Virginia and New Jersey elections BY MICHAEL BARONE  (Read 832 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Offline aligncare

Barone's analysis of New Jersey's governor Christie shows that he got a lot of democrat votes. This despite the fact that he never tried to hide his pro-life, anti-gay marriage stance, or his pro business, anti-public union and tax cutting record. Sounds like Christie pulled the left toward the center, rather than Christie selling out his conservative values in a blue state as some like to portray.

Offline Rapunzel

Barone's analysis of New Jersey's governor Christie shows that he got a lot of democrat votes. This despite the fact that he never tried to hide his pro-life, anti-gay marriage stance, or his pro business, anti-public union and tax cutting record. Sounds like Christie pulled the left toward the center, rather than Christie selling out his conservative values in a blue state as some like to portray.

The fix was in for Christie.  Buno was a nobody and the Democratic party pretty much deemed their support for Christie.  He is New Jersey.  As a North Eastetner I'm sure you don't see him the way those of us in flyover country sees him... a loudmouth crude jerk.  And as I've said before I will never forgive him his part in costing Romney the election last year.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:57:19 PM by Rapunzel »

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan

Democrats didn't even bother to put up a real candidate in that race! To me that suggests that Christie is so close to them that it wasn't worth the fight!

Offline aligncare

How many New Jersey democrats do you know that are pro-life, anti-gay marriage, tough on teachers unions, while also being proponents of cutting state spending and taxes? I should think that would be a rare sighting among New Jersey democrats.

Offline olde north church

Buono was a sacrificial l lamb.  A message to the other dems about who really holds the power.  She is a hardly a no name in NJ politics.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

How many New Jersey democrats do you know that are pro-life, anti-gay marriage, tough on teachers unions, while also being proponents of cutting state spending and taxes? I should think that would be a rare sighting among New Jersey democrats.

Christie "claims" a lot of things, but for instance. Ken Cuccinelli filed the very first lawsuit in the nation to stop Obamacare. Chris Christie refused to allow New Jersey to join it or any other lawsuits to stop the law.  One of the reasons Romney did not choose him for his VP candidate is while as a Governor - or even if he had run for the senate - it would have been a non-issue for a Presidential race Romney knew his association with Bernie Madoff would be a major issue in the press,

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf