Author Topic: Virginia Governor Race a Huge Victory for the Tea Party  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Virginia Governor Race a Huge Victory for the Tea Party
« on: November 06, 2013, 06:13:55 am »
And on the positive side.

The Virginia gubernatorial race was a huge victory for the Tea Party movement. Wait a minute! Democrat McAuliffe “won,” you say. How could this be a victory for the Tea Party movement and a positive precursor for the 2014 mid-terms? Here’s how:

1.Progressive Democrats had to cheat to win. They placed a faux libertarian, who in no way even upheld libertarian principles, and was bankrolled by an Obama bundler, in the race to subtract votes away from the Republican candidate, Ken Cuccinelli. Less than a week ago, the Libertarian candidate was showing 12% of the vote. He ended up with 7% as the news surfaced that he was a democrat plant. Unfortunately, this revelation happened the day of the election and apparently many libertarians didn’t get the news. However, if this news had been made available only a few days ago, shaving 1 or 2 percent off the phony libertarian’s numbers, Cuccinelli would have won.

2.Obamacare is, and will continue to be a bloodbath for democrats. Less than a week ago, respected polling firm, Rasmussen Reports showed McAuliffe easily winning. As news has came forward that Obama and his minions have progressively lied about Obamacare’s promises, McAuliffe’s numbers came crashing down. This should strike fear in the hearts of Democrats come 2014, as these lies will only become more transparent.

3.Virginia is packed with government employees who benefit from big government, something Cuccinelli is diametrically opposed to. Based on this alone, especially following the partial government shutdown, which was incorrectly blamed on Republicans, should have given McAuliffe a landslide. Instead, McAuliffe barely squeaked by by only three percent? If a democrat can’t win handily in this state, then what will 2014 bring nationwide?

4.The Republican Party establishment did virtually nothing to support the conservative, Cuccinelli. In 2009, the RNC spent $9 million and won the Virginia governor’s race by a whopping 17 points. This time, they spent a paltry $3 million, mainly on their  Opportunity Project infrastructure, a tiny sum for a race of this importance with a candidate that truly upholds Republican Party principles.

5.The Democrat Party “victory” is a shallow one. Even the far-left rag, Mother Jones, admits that McAuliffe is a sleazebag. Good luck, Virginia!

6.McAuliffe won by a miniscule margin even though he outspent Cuccinelli by a large margin. Even the Democrat Washington Post admits this.

The Virginia gubernatorial race should have been a landslide for democrats. They outspent by wide margins. They were so desperate that they had to cheat to win. They had to revert to sleazy tactics, unable to honorably win on the issues. Democrats recently had a gargantuan lead, and they lost it, largely because of Obamacare.

The GOP’s lack of support for this race sent a message that they would rather lose, than support a candidate who they deem as “too conservative,” i.e., someone who actually upholds their own party principles. Watch for the blame game to start. The RINO establishment will blame the Tea Party. The Democrat Communist Progressives will blame the Tea Party. The reality is that despite the Democrat’s cheating and the complete lack of RINO support, the Tea Party still made this an extremely close race, with Cuccinelli losing by only three percent.

http://www.tpnn.com/virginia-governor-race-a-huge-victory-for-the-tea-party/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Virginia Governor Race a Huge Victory for the Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:42 am »
I predict there is going to be backlash over this.  All the GOPers were all over twitter tonight telling people this all means that we should vote for Christie in 2016 ... they are desperate to kill off all conservatives... but to basically lose this race on purpose is not going to wash.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:26 am »
If the "Tea Party" voters couldn't figure out that Sarvis was a plant, then they don't deserve any sympathy.  The truth was right before our eyes, and people, even on this board, have ignored my posts pointing out that Sarvis was a plant. 

How is is a win for the "Tea Party" when they voted for an obvious false flag candidate?   **nononono*
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:53:07 am »
. He ended up with 7% as the news surfaced that he was a democrat plant. Unfortunately, this revelation happened the day of the election and apparently many libertarians didn’t get the news. However, if this news had been made available only a few days ago, shaving 1 or 2 percent off the phony libertarian’s numbers, Cuccinelli would have won.

I POSTED THAT SARVIS WAS A PLANT 5 DAYS AGO.  IF I KNEW IT, WHY CAN'T THE "TEA PARTY" VOTERS?   8888crybaby

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:56:47 am »
I POSTED THAT SARVIS WAS A PLANT 5 DAYS AGO.  IF I KNEW IT, WHY CAN'T THE "TEA PARTY" VOTERS?   8888crybaby

Because we have become a country of ignorant low information voters.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08:46 am »

In this case, the LIVs are those who voted for the phony "Tea Party" candidate, though.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the 3rd Party movement.   :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:35 am »
Virginia Governor Race a Huge Victory for the Tea Party
:cheerlead: :dancer:                       Congratulations Tea Party!!!                          :dancer: :cheerlead:
I bet conservatives are nearly as excited by last night's victory as they were when Ted Cruz Won the Obamacare defunding debate.  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,117504.0.html http://www.forbes.com/sites/carriesheffield/2013/10/23/why-is-the-tea-party-celebrating-post-government-shutdown/

At first I scoffed at the title, but when I read the compelling reasons why this truly was a HUGE victory for the Tea Party :woohoo:...well then I understood why so many of my conservative colleagues only accept the finest sources of news and dismiss articles from Salon as unworthy of reading.  This writer is a genius.

His first point "Progressive Democrats had to cheat to win" is so true.  I am shocked by the behavior of the rats.  I didn't know they were allowed to cheat, but now that we know they fight dirty we are on to them and they won't get away with that again.

His third point "Virginia is packed with government employees who benefit from big government" was insightful since most people are fooled by the twice elected GOP sitting Governor, and GOP controlled state legislature, and the 8 out of 11 congressmen they send to the US House.  Some people might see that as indicators that rats sometimes have trouble getting elected in VA but this author sublimely reveals "If a democrat can’t win handily in this state, then what will 2014 bring nationwide?" MegaTeaPartypwnage baby!!!

His forth point that "The Republican Party establishment did virtually nothing to support the conservative, Cuccinelli" is also a most excellent observations that bodes well for the Tea Party.  When all the tea party conservatives who comment daily that they wont give the RNC another dime, begin pairing that with demands on how he RNC directs its cash, there will be no stopping the Tea Party victories...may they all be as stunning as last nights! :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys:

Great job Tea Party.  You gave the people of VA a REAL choice this time and you won big!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 11:59:27 am »
So let me get this straight.  Tea Party voters support a Democrat plant and give the governorship by TWO FRIGGIN' points to a crook?

Good job, Tea Partiers.  Is this the kind of stuff we can expect next November?  Way to get your policies enacted, electing Democrats.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
They had to cheat to win? That is a good thing? Crap he won the gov slot.   They will be able to cheat 2fold come 2014 learning lessons from this race.  **nononono*

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 06:37:18 pm »

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:44 pm »
So let me get this straight.  Tea Party voters support a Democrat plant and give the governorship by TWO FRIGGIN' points to a crook?

Good job, Tea Partiers.  Is this the kind of stuff we can expect next November?  Way to get your policies enacted, electing Democrats.

Ummm he ran as a LIBERTARIAN......... not Tea Party.  The guy was for - among other things - a massive expansion of medicaid. Based on his platform the Tea Party voters is not his voter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 06:46:58 pm »
Yes, all
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 06:47:08 pm »
This - from another thread here - and people can still have doubt the GOPe isn't the more conservative wing of the Democratic Party???

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,119034.0.html

The ex-chief of staff for House Majority Leader Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) helped Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia’s gubernatorial election race.

Former Republican National Committee finance chairman Dwight Schar supported him, too. “As a Republican and especially as a Virginia businessman, I am supporting Terry McAuliffe for Governor,” Schar said in a statement posted on McAuliffe’s website. “Terry is going to work with both parties to enact mainstream solutions that reduce traffic, improve our schools, and develop our workforce for the global marketplace. Ken Cuccinelli’s ideological agenda has divided Virginians and blocked progress on education and transportation for long enough.”

Judy Ford Wason, a GOP strategist who worked for outgoing Republican Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, endorsed McAuliffe, as well. “We saw this earlier this year when he [McAuliffe] rallied support for Governor McDonnell’s bipartisan transportation compromise, and we continue to see this as Terry travels across the state meeting with business and community leaders regardless of political affiliation to discuss mainstream ways to grow our economy and create jobs in the Commonwealth,” Wason said in a statement posted on McAuliffe’s website. “With six grandchildren I want to be sure that young Virginians will be able to look forward to exciting job opportunities and a great quality of life. I believe that as Governor Terry will work to ensure that Virginia is a leader in the global economy and that our citizens and communities prosper.”

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:56 pm »
If the "Tea Party" voters couldn't figure out that Sarvis was a plant, then they don't deserve any sympathy.  The truth was right before our eyes, and people, even on this board, have ignored my posts pointing out that Sarvis was a plant. 

How is is a win for the "Tea Party" when they voted for an obvious false flag candidate?   **nononono*

Not following your logic.  Wasn't Sarvis the libertarian?  Don't you mean the libertarian voters don't deserve sympathy?

Why would Tea Partiers vote for libertarian Sarvis rather than fellow Tea Party type candidate Cuccinelli?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »
and for the record - according to exit polls - the government shutdown had no affect on this election. Even in northern Virginia they did not blame the GOP over the President or vis-versa.

Cooch lost by 1.6% of the vote.  Rove spent ZERO in VA they spent 13 million for McDonalds election... so don't tell me the GOPe is doing anything other than trying to destroy the conservative wing of the GOP.

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:30 pm »

Hey Sinky--while we're waiting for you to sort out the FACTS before you shoot your big mouth off again, maybe you can explain why Rove and Co chose not to back Cuccinelli? 

Did they get him confused with the libertarian stealth candidate too??   :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:59 pm »
McDonald got 58 percent, just four years ago.

Cucc's loss MAY be fruit of Republican factional infighting. Think about that. A persuadable independent or democrat looks at the Republican scene, and says "...what a mess.  Why should I trust those people with my state's governance? They cannot even get along with each other."

People, the GOP's image, the brand, has gone down and stayed down. All the distraction about the GOPe and the Tea Party, does not overcome that fact.

Polls before and after the shutdown said the GOP would take greater blame. Boom, distraction-website. Website, website, website.

Obama goes down, but that does NOT mean the GOP goes up.

Guess what. The GOP is still down, and unless the GOPe and Tea Party get together, it will stay down and lose more elections.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »
Ummm he ran as a LIBERTARIAN......... not Tea Party.  The guy was for - among other things - a massive expansion of medicaid. Based on his platform the Tea Party voters is not his voter.
Exactly. There is no actual organized "tea party," no matter how much a few here would like to believe it.  He ran as a big-L libertarian, and there were enough uneducated voters to vote for him, even though they should have known he was a Democrat plant.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

His forth point that "The Republican Party establishment did virtually nothing to support the conservative, Cuccinelli" is also a most excellent observations that bodes well for the Tea Party.  When all the tea party conservatives who comment daily that they wont give the RNC another dime, begin pairing that with demands on how he RNC directs its cash, there will be no stopping the Tea Party victories...may they all be as stunning as last nights!

You mean as stunning and unexpected as Chris Christie's win?  The RNC pumped mega-bucks into Chris Christie's campaign -- because it was such going to be such a nail biter, don'tcha know.   :silly:

Better that Christie $$ be YOUR hard-earned money than mine, chump-o.    :beer:

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

The "tea party" candidate did far better than either McCain or Romney both of whom are closer to your political views.

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 07:27:46 am »
Hey Sinky--while we're waiting for you to sort out the FACTS before you shoot your big mouth off again, maybe you can explain why Rove and Co chose not to back Cuccinelli? 

Did they get him confused with the libertarian stealth candidate too??   :silly:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rove-cuccinelli-lessons-gop/2013/11/06/id/535282

As a state senator and attorney general, Cuccinelli "was well known for his conservative social views," Rove said. "His positions weren't the problem. It was the way in which he has presented them for years — with polarizing language and an acerbic tone that even allies found off-putting."

McDonnell was "equally conservative on social issues, but he advocated them in a way that won respect and encouraged civil discussion," he said. "As a result, he won 54 percent of women four years ago (compared with 42 percent for Mr. Cuccinelli) and 66 percent of independents (compared with 47 percent for Mr. Cuccinelli)."

"In the 2014 midterm elections, Republicans have many things in their favor," Rove concluded, including President Barack Obama's low job-approval ratings and the continuing Obamacare debacle. "Over the last several elections, Republicans have lost too many winnable races."

Rove thought Cuccinelli couldn't attract a majority of voters.  He couldn't pretend to represent Republicans, rats, and independents.  Looks like he was right.

He also said the shutdown was a factor

He noted how Cuccinelli lost because of the "ill-devised strategy some Republicans employed to shut down the federal government unless Obamacare was defunded."

The federal shutdown occurred over 16 days last month.

Because the Commonwealth has over 300,000 federal workers and retirees living there — coupled with "a large military presence" — Virginia was "particularly sensitive to a shutdown," Rove said.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 07:54:08 am »
Once-Ler, you're getting into the weeds. We need slogans, generalizations, black-and-white arguments. What are you trying to do, clarify things? Establish a rational basis for a given outcome? Sheesh!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 08:02:55 am »
Cuccinelli won independents big! He won married women and men.  Exit polls blamed both parties equally for the shut down which means it had ZERO affect on the race.   Had the GOPe and company spent anywhere near what they spent six years ago on McDonald then Cucinelli would have won huge... it would also have helped if the RGA has given the money directly to the campaign for their ads instead of running incredibly stupid ads on China -- I mean WTH are they running ads about China when Cucinelli was trounching McAuliff over Obamacare and gaining in the polls..

and if Rove really said that then he is full of crap, because the polls blamed both parties EQUALLY - the GOP and Obama for the shutdown... go look at the exit polls, Rove is blowing smoke.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 08:04:07 am by Rapunzel »

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 08:18:54 am »
You mean as stunning and unexpected as Chris Christie's win?  The RNC pumped mega-bucks into Chris Christie's campaign -- because it was such going to be such a nail biter, don'tcha know.   :silly:

Better that Christie $$ be YOUR hard-earned money than mine, chump-o.    :beer:

The fact is the RNC spent 3 Million in VA and only 1.5 million in NJ.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:29 am »
Had the GOPe and company spent anywhere near what they spent six years ago on McDonald then Cucinelli would have won huge...

Are you talking about all that money your hero RNC Chairman Michael Steele spent?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/363248/rnc-allies-ward-cuccinelli-attack-jonathan-strong

Republican National Committee allies are offering an interesting defense to critics saying the campaign committee could have done more to help the Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli: Blame former RNC chairman Michael Steele.

Steele dropped a staggering $9 million in 2009 into Governor Bob McDonnell’s race despite the fact that McDonnell never trailed in a single poll.

“In my opinion, it was just frivolous spending,” says a Republican source close to the campaign in Virginia. “We were paying off that race in 2011 when we should have been getting ready for the presidential,” the source says. “It handcuffed us.”

Contrast the $9 million figure with the 2005 Virginia’s governors race, when the RNC spent $1.1 million to help Jerry Kilgore, who lost to Democrat Tim Kaine by about six points.

Another data point is the New Jersey gubernatorial race in 2009, when the RNC spent around $3 million to help now-governor Chris Christie – about the same amount it spent on Cuccinelli, but in a more expensive state.