Author Topic: Woman receives death threats over insensitive costume  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Woman receives death threats over insensitive costume
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:01 am »
BAY CITY, Mich. -- A woman says she is sorry for dressing as a Boston Marathon bombing victim for Halloween. She wore the getup to the office and has now confirmed she was fired following the outcry.

Alicia Lynch, 22, has apologized and called her actions "insensitive." Her Twitter account was suspended and she attempted to take down all of her social media accounts as the global fury grew. Lynch spoke to multiple media outlets, explaining that she and her parents have received numerous death threats.

She actually lost her job over this and on another site, which I chose not to use, she has received some really, really hostile comments.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/offbeat/Woman-receives-death-threats-over-insensitive-costume-230550881.html

other site: http://kiss951.cbslocal.com/2013/11/04/boston-marathon-costume-most-offensive-of-the-year/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

Re: Woman receives death threats over insensitive costume
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »
People just amaze me sometimes. WTF was she thinking?  **nononono* 

don't get me wrong, she can wear whatever she wanted to, just a poor choice
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:45:59 pm by flowers »

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Woman receives death threats over insensitive costume
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »
People just amaze me sometimes. WTF was she thinking? 

Might just be an excuse to fire her.  Prolly not be much thinking going on in that pretty little head.

I feel sorry for her.  The reaction is overdone, IMO.  Society in general apparently feels justified in demonizing anyone who doesn't hold the majority opinion.

True democracy, that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan