Author Topic: 13 Best U.S. Cities for Conservatives to Live  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

13 Best U.S. Cities for Conservatives to Live
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »
In the opinion of a blog named estately. I shall list the 13 in order and if you wish to understand the why of each selection you can go to the link.

1st—OKLAHOMA CITY, OK

2nd—COLORADO SPRINGS, CO

3rd—ANAHEIM, CA

4th—FORT WORTH, TX

5th—BOISE, ID

6th—NASHVILLE, TN

7th—ANCHORAGE, AK

8th—Arlington, TX

9th—GILBERT, AZ

10th—PLANO, TX

11th—JACKSONVILLE, FL

12th—SPOKANE, WA

13th—SILICON VALLEY, CA

http://blog.estately.com/2013/11/13-best-u-s-cities-for-conservatives-to-live/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:48:22 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

Re: 13 Best U.S. Cities for Conservatives to Live
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »
Anahiem was a cesspool when I was a kid...I am sure it hasn't improved in the least.

10294 :king:  :chien: 

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »
I went to Spokane 2 years ago.  The part I was in ...homeless all over the place. It was horrible.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »
In the 50's when my grandparents bought their home in Anaheim (near Disneyland) it was a nice community.  It's steadily gone downhill as a lot of the surrounding cities have as well. Anaheim Hills is another story - my parents lived in Anaheim Hills until about 5 years ago when my stepfather died and my mother moved to Prescott, AZ... and Anaheim Hills is nice.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »
Silicon Valley??
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 11:02:49 pm »
Silicon Valley??

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101168745

Wealthy Chinese gobbling up Silicon Valley homes

Published: Monday, 4 Nov 2013 | 6:20 PM ET
By: Mark Berniker   , Josh Lipton

Silicon Valley is booming, and the Chinese are starting to cash in on the region's housing craze.

With tech stocks surging and IPOs sprouting up left and right, the area is in the midst of a real estate bonanza that's attracting a wave of buyers from China.

The average price of a home in Silicon Valley has surged more than 27 percent over the past two years, according to home purchase data from Santa Clara County.

Technology executives, budding entrepreneurs and venture capitalists are putting their money to work in the Silicon Valley real estate market, and they are finding new competitors from around the world, especially from China.

Ken DeLeon—named by The Wall Street Journal as the country's most successful real estate agent—said he has done close to $300 million in sales this year and that the market has never been hotter.

DeLeon said that in the past year he has sold more than 20 luxury residences in the Palo Alto area to buyers from mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Most of those buyers are looking for houses in the $2 million-plus range, he said.

New townhouse complex in Silicon Valley.

Business is so brisk that the agent recently bought a Mercedes bus to shuttle his Chinese customers around the valley.

They are serious buyers, he said, adding that several have bought modest houses on a decent-sized lot, then undertaken ambitious renovations. Some tear down the house, dig a deeper basement and add several floors.

"The Chinese know there is good appreciation potential in this market, and buying here provides diversification for their real estate holdings," said DeLeon, the president of DeLeon Realty.

(Read more: Tech rebound drives housing frenzy in Silicon Valley)The trend goes beyond Silicon Valley. The National Association of Realtors recently said the Chinese are now the second-largest group of international homebuyers in the U.S., behind Canadians. The same study said the Chinese are particularly interested in Northern California.

Real estate agents and builders said Chinese demand is just another reason housing prices continue to rise in Silicon Valley.

Fred Lam of Alain Pinel Realtors in Palo Alto said his Chinese clients want brand-new, furnished houses made with high-quality building materials. Lam has done close to $40 million in sales over the past year and said he's seen a definite increase in the number of Chinese buyers in Silicon Valley.

General contractors and builders also have benefited from the influx. One Silicon Valley builder, who asked not to be identified, said Chinese buyers typically want big media rooms, marble moldings and high-end finishes.

(Read more: Twitter IPO could mint more millionaires in Silicon Valley)

Real estate professionals said Chinese families are drawn by a better way of life, with the biggest selling points including the weather, excellent local schools and much less smog than in Beijing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:48:28 pm »
The Chinese are a major factor in the Washington DC Region which include Northern Virginia and Chevy Chase, Potomac and Bethesda Maryland.

They have affected prices by offering cash with escalation clauses....in case of a multiple offer situation.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald