Author Topic: Christie to CNN: Unlike Some Other ‘Conservatives’ I Don’t Try to ‘Hide’ My Real Views  (Read 4492 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That's ok for New Jersey. I get it. Christie is a rock ribbed conservative in the eyes of New Jersey residents.

If Christie is the best we can do for POTUS, well, what's the point? I don't see enough difference between him and Hillary to compel me to vote for him. I will leave that portion of the ballot blank.

No - you won't.

If your state permits it, you will write in a name. Otherwise some "helpful" little poll worker will fill in your vote for you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

That's ok for New Jersey. I get it. Christie is a rock ribbed conservative in the eyes of New Jersey residents.

If Christie is the best we can do for POTUS, well, what's the point? I don't see enough difference between him and Hillary to compel me to vote for him. I will leave that portion of the ballot blank.

Christie is a media-creation and will be destroyed by the same just as easily as he was lionized...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

I think the whole point is, for most NJ voters he's not a rock-ribbed conservative but good enough to protect their FAMILY interests.  For the rest, he's close enough.  For the remainder, they follow losers like lemmings over a precipice.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

Christie is a media-creation and will be destroyed by the same just as easily as he was lionized...

Actually, he's not a media creation, he's a populist in the Huey Long mode, as someone stated on another thread.  Christie made his bones via YouTube, ripping new a$$holes for the teacher's unions thugs.
The state run media tried to do a "Face In The Crowd" hatchet job on him.  Then they tried to snuggle with him before Sandy, then the Obama Bromance had them in line to felatte him.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

Perhaps what you classify as noise is simply your fingers in your ears as you say "la la la la". You display a fair amount of hubris, scolding others for being less thoughtful than yourself, while trying to make a case for a man that has some serious flaws you ignore.

Cut the 'scolding' crap. I gave my opinion along with a healthy dose of facts, unassailable facts.

Facts are stubborn things. You don't like 'em, just continue to ignore them. That's the best way to deal with them.

Another fact. Christie captured 60% of the vote , making him the first Republican governor to get more than 50% of the vote since 1985, the Reagan years.

Offline Relic

Cut the 'scolding' crap. I gave my opinion along with a healthy dose of facts, unassailable facts.

Facts are stubborn things. You don't like 'em, just continue to ignore them. That's the best way to deal with them.

Another fact. Christie captured 60% of the vote , making him the first Republican governor to get more than 50% of the vote since 1985, the Reagan years.

Really? You don't consider this scolding:

"From the 'in case you missed it' department, or rather the 'you don't want to deal with it' department:

Being objective means looking at the facts."

You're either being dishonest, or willfully ignorant, there isn't a third option.l

I considered what you posted, and posted my opinions, and documented Christie's less than stellar record in terms of the crappy New Jersey economy.

Here's another opinion, Christie may win the nomination, but he'll never win the presidency. Christie will be supported right up until the general election, then they will beat him bloody to get Hillary elected.

And I won't shed a tear, because to me, if you put Hillary and Christie in a bag, shook it up and pulled one out, it would be hard to tell which one you had.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

This is an exact replay of how you were before the 2012 election, except that time it was in losing candidate Mitt Romney's behalf.   Its gonna be a long 3 years.  :thud:

Offline happyg

And I won't shed a tear, because to me, if you put Hillary and Christie in a bag, shook it up and pulled one out, it would be hard to tell which one you had.

Yep! Most likely, Christie made a deal with the GOP not to help Christie. They would support him, if he would play the game. He also probably made a deal with Obama, and will screw both of them when the time comes, if it comes to fruition. I don't trust the man at all.

Offline Rapunzel

No - you won't.

If your state permits it, you will write in a name. Otherwise some "helpful" little poll worker will fill in your vote for you.

Here we mark out ballots by filling in the bubble and then watch as they run it through the counter so no helpful poll worker touches our filled in ballots... and I will never, ever, vote for Christie no matter how much some of you squeal about it.  The man is Judas to me after what he did to Romney last year...  the rest of the stuff - pro Sharia, pro-illegals, etc., is just icing on the very fat cake....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

When you break down Christies vote yesterday the majority of his vote is the people who WILL vote for Hillary so it is not the victory many believe it to be.      The Democratic party took a hands-off Buno in this election - something she was yelling about last night as a matter of fact, they will not take a hands-off if it is Christie v Hillary Clinton....   anyone who falls for Christie is electable schtick is falling for the same crap we listened to for over four years re: Romney  and the Christie - just like McCain - believes the press loves him.  Just like McCain they will turn on him the minute he becomes the candidate.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

This is an exact replay of how you were before the 2012 election, except that time it was in losing candidate Mitt Romney's behalf.   Its gonna be a long 3 years.  :thud:

Since no candidate has yet to declare, this is all just speculation. I frankly don't know who I would support when it came down to a primary field. It depends on who the dems put up. Which is why last time I supported Romney over Gingrich--as much as I loved Newt's rhetorical acumen I thought he would have lost to Obama. It was a judgment call. I still think Newt would have lost as handily as Romney did and since no one here can alter the space-time continuum we'll never know.

As for today's tiff, I made an open post directed to no one in particular--except maybe to EC in answer to his question that he knew little about Christie. So in addition to sarcasm--as is my wont, I added some facts on Christie's behave rather than allow only ad hominems to stand. If someone feels they were being scolded without direct address, that's their problem. But call me a scold directly--then you've invited a counter argument.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Here we mark out ballots by filling in the bubble and then watch as they run it through the counter so no helpful poll worker touches our filled in ballots... and I will never, ever, vote for Christie no matter how much some of you squeal about it.  The man is Judas to me after what he did to Romney last year...  the rest of the stuff - pro Sharia, pro-illegals, etc., is just icing on the very fat cake....

Fair enough - that is a reasonably secure system. Some states don't have that, so the reminder is always worth while.

As for not voting for Christie - I wouldn't either, had I the option. Don't know how to describe it - watching and listening to him is like trying to get used engine oil off your hands, or cleaning a hair blockage out of a sink trap. An uncomfortable and a slightly nauseating feeling.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Since no candidate has yet to declare, this is all just speculation. I frankly don't know who I would support when it came down to a primary field. It depends on who the dems put up. Which is why last time I supported Romney over Gingrich--as much as I loved Newt's rhetorical acumen I thought he would have lost to Obama. It was a judgment call. I still think Newt would have lost as handily as Romney did and since no one here can alter the space-time continuum we'll never know.

As for today's tiff, I made an open post directed to no one in particular--except maybe to EC in answer to his question that he knew little about Christie. So in addition to sarcasm--as is my wont, I added some facts on Christie's behave rather than allow only ad hominems to stand. If someone feels they were being scolded without direct address, that's their problem. But call me a scold directly--then you've invited a counter argument.

That was appreciated. Very much indeed, especially at the moment when I am up to my eyebrows in other research!