Author Topic: Conservative Parents, Left-Wing Children By Dennis Prager  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Conservative Parents, Left-Wing Children By Dennis Prager
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:42:53 AM »

Support the USO

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Do NOT go in there.
Re: Conservative Parents, Left-Wing Children By Dennis Prager
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:54 AM »
I seem to recall when I was in high school there was a contingent of teachers that made every effort they could to coerce people into going to private colleges and convince us (many of us were poorer) that it was an affordable option. Now I'm starting to see why.

When I went to colllege, it was at a state school (SUNY Oswego). Most of the people who went there were from rural areas or the suburbs. All in all, it was a surprisingly conservative college. I mean, it wasn't Hillsdale, but it was certainly no left-wing indoctrination center, either.

When I came back home, I started attending the local branch of the Wesleyan Church (which I just left this past week). The Wesleyans run Houghton College, one of two private colleges in the area (the other being Catholic-owned Saint Bonaventure; most of the Bona grads have turned out OK). I swear, the women Houghton has been turning out have been vapid, mind-numbed and extremely liberal, with disturbing hints of New Age spiritualism. They have no drive other than waiting for God to tell them what to do.

I suspect part of it is money: the private colleges draw wealthier, "elite" students that conjure up an environment that promotes leftism.

Offline olde north church

Re: Conservative Parents, Left-Wing Children By Dennis Prager
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
I am to the right of my father, who voted for Goldwater.  My brother and sister are also to the right of my father.  I have found many of my friends are conservative as well.
We were raised and educated through every educational whim that happened in the late 60s through the late 70s.
This is what happens when people rebel against their parents and their values.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf