Author Topic: Michelle Obama To Host Hindu Festival for Goddess of Wealth at White House  (Read 994 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
First Lady Michelle Obama is hosting an event on Tuesday to mark the Hindu festival of Diwali, or “festival of lights,” to honor Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity.

Hindus celebrate by placing small earthenware oil lamps called “diyas” in their homes to help the goddess find her way, according to the BBC’s online home schooling curriculum website...

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/uncategorized/michelle-obama-host-hindu-festival-goddess-wealth-white-house/

Oceander

Re: Michelle Obama To Host Hindu Festival for Goddess of Wealth at White House
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:54:40 am »
How ironic, considering how desperately the Obama (mal)administration is trying to destroy this country's wealth.  Too bad they're too ignorant to understand that wealth is created when free markets are allowed to operate and government sticks to its proper limited role of policing anti-competitive behaviour and protecting private property rights, and not by pleading with some divinity to give you wealth.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Michelle Obama To Host Hindu Festival for Goddess of Wealth at White House
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:48:19 am »
What is wrong with that? The deficit isn't going to heal itself!  :whistle:

Truth is, Diwali is fun. We usually light candles or an oil lamp or two, have the neighbors round and eat far too much  :laugh:

Problem is, this year it clashes with bonfire night. Means there will be far more food and preparation than usual! Why else would I be up at 3 AM on a week day? My slow cooked baked beans don't make themselves!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink