Author Topic: Sarah Palin 2016: Former Alaska Governor Laying Groundwork For Possible Presidential Run  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Carling

2+ years of "will she??!!  won't she??!!" again?   :nometalk:

Sarah Palin 2016: Former Alaska Governor Laying Groundwork For Possible Presidential Run

http://www.inquisitr.com/1018966/sarah-palin-2016-former-alaska-governor-laying-groundwork-for-possible-presidential-run/

Sarah Palin may be once again dreaming of the White House and a run for the presidency in 2016.

After a long absence from the political arena, Palin appears to be strategically increasing her appearances and speeches while also taking solid aim at President Obama. This has led many political experts to conclude that she is aiming to enter the 2016 presidential race, or at least is trying to test the waters for a potential run.

The rumors kicked up a bit this week when a spokesman for the Rev. Billy Graham announced that Sarah Palin will be a guest for the reverend’s 95th birthday. Graham still carries great political sway, so much in fact that Mitt Romney carved out time to meet with Graham in the final days of the 2012 presidential race in the hopes of earning a public endorsement and assuring conservative voters.

Graham’s birthday celebration is also drawing other big names in the conservative world, including real estate mogul Donald Trump.

Sarah Palin has also taken her political tour to Iowa, one of the most important states for Republican hopefuls. On November 9 Palin is slated to speak at the annual banquet for the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition, an important conservative and evangelical group.

After spending a long stretch away from the spotlight, Palin is also ramping up her political attacks on President Obama in what could be the groundwork for her 2016 platform.

In a Facebook post entitled “Obama’s Debt Default is on His Shoulders While We Shoulder His Impeachable Offenses,” she placed the blame for the debt limit fight solely on Obama’s shoulders.

“Defaulting on our national debt is an impeachable offense, and any attempt by President Obama to unilaterally raise the debt limit without Congress is also an impeachable offense,” Palin wrote.

If Sarah Palin is planning a 2016 presidential run, she will have even more ammunition to boost her resume in the coming weeks. On November 12, three days after her planned speech in Iowa, Palin will be released a book taking on the conservative-friendly topic of the War on Christmas.

Pain promises that in the book — titled Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas — she will “tell you how to fight back against those politically correct Scrooges who seem to hate not just a beautiful holiday, but an entire faith.”

Sarah Palin is still a long way from an official 2016 presidential run, however, and likely wouldn’t declare any intention to run for several months.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1018966/sarah-palin-2016-former-alaska-governor-laying-groundwork-for-possible-presidential-run/#91iPbAHEjhiIsA8y.99
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:21:09 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

The inquisitor - really?  All based on rumors and suppositions?  She has traveled all over the country for the last 5 and a half years on behalf of the party and other candidates... Until and unless she says I am running then the assumption is she isn't running and she is doing whatever she is doing to see who is out there she wants to support.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

BTW she is very good friend and supporter of Billy Graham and his family - she has traveled with Samaritans Purse to do work in Haiti due to the earthquake.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

If Hillary does get in the race Palin could save the day.

That's just the first thought that popped into my head. I'm sure on close review there's probably some logical basis to support that assumption. I'm just too tired right now to break it down.

Offline Rapunzel

If Hillary does get in the race Palin could save the day.

That's just the first thought that popped into my head. I'm sure on close review there's probably some logical basis to support that assumption. I'm just too tired right now to break it down.

Remember Sarah supported Tea Party Candidate Steelman in MO with the thinking she was the most likely candidate to defeat McCaskill.  I still think this was a very likely possibiity - evidently  McCaskill thought so, too, since she spent money in the GOP primary to help Akin over Steelman and Bruener.

Offline Carling

The inquisitor - really?  All based on rumors and suppositions?  She has traveled all over the country for the last 5 and a half years on behalf of the party and other candidates... Until and unless she says I am running then the assumption is she isn't running and she is doing whatever she is doing to see who is out there she wants to support.

This is in the opinion area.  I don't even know what or who "The Inquisitor" is, fwiw.  I thought a lot of social conservatives still wanted Sarah to run?  Until she says she's out of the running, she will be a presence in the 2016 GOP primaries, and her zealots will destroy other conservative candidates until she says she isn't runnning.

Ask Rick Perry about it.  Or, as me about it, since that's the reason I was banned from TOS.

Offline Carling

Remember Sarah supported Tea Party Candidate Steelman in MO with the thinking she was the most likely candidate to defeat McCaskill.  I still think this was a very likely possibiity - evidently  McCaskill thought so, too, since she spent money in the GOP primary to help Akin over Steelman and Bruener.

I remember Palin supporting Steelman, and then being quiet until she urged Todd Akin to quit after his "legitimate rape" idiocy.

Palin does know when to quit, so Akin should have heeded that advice.  It was sound.

Offline Rapunzel

This is in the opinion area.  I don't even know what or who "The Inquisitor" is, fwiw.  I thought a lot of social conservatives still wanted Sarah to run?  Until she says she's out of the running, she will be a presence in the 2016 GOP primaries, and her zealots will destroy other conservative candidates until she says she isn't runnning.

Ask Rick Perry about it.  Or, as me about it, since that's the reason I was banned from TOS.

Not a problem with posting it.  I haven't seen any pro-Palin zealots here. I've see a lot of anti-Palin zealots here, though.  I am in the group who actually appreciate she has helped elect some good people to the party... and until and unless she announces she is running - that she isn't running.

I don't know who I want to run in 2016 other than I don't want Hillary to run.  BTW did you see the article on who dropped the story on Herman Cain?  It wasn't Rick Perry (remember Cain accused him and suddenly we had that rock story)... it was Huntsman. 

Offline Carling

Not a problem with posting it.  I haven't seen any pro-Palin zealots here. I've see a lot of anti-Palin zealots here, though.  I am in the group who actually appreciate she has helped elect some good people to the party... and until and unless she announces she is running - that she isn't running.

I don't know who I want to run in 2016 other than I don't want Hillary to run.  BTW did you see the article on who dropped the story on Herman Cain?  It wasn't Rick Perry (remember Cain accused him and suddenly we had that rock story)... it was Huntsman.

No saying that anybody here had a part of the Perry smears.  I know you were against them, too.   :beer:

I just don't want Sarah to be a distraction during the fall of 2015 if she isn't going to run.  I happen to think she showed bad political instincts by prolonging her decision for 2012, even to the point that people were sure she would be 'drafted' at the GOP convention even after she said she wasn't running.  I got banned from TOS two days afterward, and yes, I'm still bitter about it because I have that SOB JimRob plenty of money over the years.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:48:43 am by Carling »

Offline Rapunzel

No saying that anybody here had a part of the Perry smears.  I know you were against them, too.   :beer:

I just don't want Sarah to be a distraction during the fall of 2015 if she isn't going to run.  I happen to think she showed bad political instincts by prolonging her decision for 2012, even to the point that people were sure she would be 'drafted' at the GOP convention even after she said she wasn't running.  I got banned from TOS two days afterward, and yes, I'm still bitter about it because I have that SOB JimRob plenty of money over the years.

As you saw no one here tells you who you have to support - but we may fight like heck with you if we disagree with your choice in the primary..... :beer: 

I never thought Sarah was going to run.  Never understood why they were so convinced at TOS she was.  What did irk me was the way Michelle Bachmann lept in to make certain Sarah couldn't run and her campaign manager - one of the most dispicable out there (Ed Rollings) went off on Palin as if she was a candidate.  At that point I almost wanted her to run just to stick it to Bachmann.  BTW few people would have known Bachmann from the other 200+ GOP congresscritters if Palin had not been so supportive and kind to her only to have Bachmann stab her in the back. Notice they are no longer friendly.  Bachmann is a user...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
On November 12, three days after her planned speech in Iowa, Palin will be released a book taking on the conservative-friendly topic of the War on Christmas.

A far more likely reason for ramping up her visibility. Books rarely sell themselves without getting the word out. She just has an in on the talk circuit that most publishing houses envy, and that she'd be totally foolish not to use.

This is in no way, shape or form an attack on Gov. Palin. Bit of envy, maybe!  :laugh: She does a lot of good for conservatism. She supports candidates, gets the message out in a way that is easy to understand and is a fundraising powerhouse.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink