4:53am UK, Monday 04 November
A mother has spoken of her terror after discovering dozens of the world's deadliest spiders while eating a banana in her London home.
Consi Taylor told The Sun she noticed a strange white spot on the fruit, which she thought was mould.
But she dropped the banana to the floor after discovering dozens of spiders crawling over the skin.
She told the newspaper: "I thought it was mould but when I had a closer look I saw some funny looking spots.
"I had a closer look and was horrified to see they were spiders. They were hatching out on the table, scurrying around on my carpet."
The 29-year-old took the bananas back to supermarket Sainsbury's and was initially offered a £10 voucher in compensation.