Author Topic: Holder: Trayvon charges still possible  (Read 1015 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder: Trayvon charges still possible
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:34 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/administration/189207-holder-won%E2%80%99t-rule-out-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman

November 04, 2013, 05:28 pm
Holder: Trayvon charges still possible

By Ben Goad

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday said the Justice Department has not decided whether to file federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman in the 2012 killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman, a volunteer neighborhood watchman who shot and killed Martin in an incident that captured national interest, was acquitted of murder charges in July. But the Justice Department could still pursue a federal civil rights case.

Holder said the agency’s investigation is under way.

“I'm not sure exactly how much longer that will take, but we will get to a point where we are able to make a determination,” he told reporters at an unrelated news conference at the agency’s headquarters.

Holder, during an April speech to Al Sharpton’s National Action Network, pledged to “take appropriate action” if the agency finds evidence of a potential federal civil rights crime in the Zimmerman case.

However, he has since cautioned that the Justice Department faces a “very high barrier” in pursuing federal criminal charges in such cases.

On Monday, he noted that the courts had already weighed in Zimmerman’s case.

"The case of George Zimmerman — and what happens there — I think a substantial part was resolved in the case that was tried," Holder said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Holder: Trayvon charges still possible
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:33:31 am »
I'm sure he is holding his decision until an opportune time to take something else out of the headlines.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37:24 am »
They want a full on race war.  Perfect excuse to declare martial law.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 01:08:36 am »
I'm sure he is holding his decision until an opportune time to take something else out of the headlines.

Now what might that "something else" be??   :pondering:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:10:43 am »
“I'm not sure exactly how much longer that will take, but we will get to a point where we are able to make a determination,” he told reporters at an unrelated news conference at the agency’s headquarters.

That point will be reached when it's politically convenient for the Obama (mal)administration.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:27:07 am »
That's it.  The Regime needs a quick distraction from the fiasco of Obamacare, so it's time to stir up the 'hood again.  There weren't enough shootings in Shitcago over the weekend so something obviously must be done.

That slapping sound you hear is the race card hitting the table, again.....