Author Topic: Chris Christie Allegedly Tells Public School Teacher: ‘I’m Tired of You People’  (Read 844 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.mediaite.com/online/chris-christie-allegedly-tells-public-school-teacher-im-tired-of-you-people/

Chris Christie Allegedly Tells Public School Teacher: ‘I’m Tired of You People’
by Andrew Kirell | 12:20 pm, November 4th, 2013

At the end of a campaign stop this weekend in Somers Point, N.J., Gov. Chris Christie reportedly got into a heated argument with a public school teacher who showed up to express disagreement with his education policies.

A teacher from Buena Regional Middle School named Melissa Tomlinson claims she asked the governor, “Why are you portraying our schools as failure factories?”

“Because they are,” he allegedly responded. “What do you want? I’m tired of you people.” Tomlinson alleges that after the confrontation happened, the governor “told me to do my job and turned around and got on the bus.”

Christie spokeswoman Maria Comella disagrees with the teacher’s description of the debate, specifically taking issue with the claim that Christie ever said he is “tired of you people.”

“They were having a discussion about [education] funding levels and the governor said that no matter how much money we spend, it will never be enough for you people,” Comella explained.

Tomlinson is part of a New Jersey group called the Badass Teachers Association, and she showed up to the campaign stop to confront the governor and help people “to be aware of the truth of what’s going on in education.”

“To me, there is never enough money spent on education,” Tomlinson later declared in a YouTube video about the run-in.

And the rally ends, inevitably, with Christie arguing with a teacher pic.twitter.com/YyLsoJVTWQ

— daveweigel (@daveweigel) November 2, 2013

[h/t NJ.com]
[Featured image via Twitter]
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

The only admirable thing he's done is stand up to the teachers' unions, at least as far as I've seen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline olde north church

The only admirable thing he's done is stand up to the teachers' unions, at least as far as I've seen.
:beer:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

Yep, one of the few things he's done that I agree with.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton