Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Embraces the Anti-Rush Limbaugh Playbook  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Mitch McConnell Embraces the Anti-Rush Limbaugh Playbook
« on: November 04, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
Re: Mitch McConnell Embraces the Anti-Rush Limbaugh Playbook
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Just a bunch of nonsense.  McConnell wants to win GOP seats.  The SCF wants to eliminate Republicans they don't like.  It's gotten so bad with conservatives abusing the language they sound like liberals to me.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
Just a bunch of nonsense.  McConnell wants to win GOP seats.  The SCF wants to eliminate Republicans they don't like.  It's gotten so bad with conservatives abusing the language they sound like liberals to me.

Tell us all the good and admirable thing Mitch McConnell has accomplished while in the senate.  He has been in the senate since 1984.    Why -- EXACTLY -- should anyone serve in the senate or congress for 30 years? 

What exactly has he done to stop the growth in our national deficit while in the senate?  Out debt in 1984 was:  1,572,266,000,000.00.  Today it is 17 Trillion and growing.  He talks one way in DC and another in KY.  He's in the union and Chamber of Commerce pockets (his wife is a Chamber of Commerce lobbyist).  He loves those earmarks...

Bottom line you may like permanent politicians, I loathe them no matter what party they are calling themselves...

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:21:40 AM »
Salon  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:  really............ Salon......... and they want the GOP to do well ..... not!

You didn't answer the questions..... obfuscating won't cut it.

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:50:25 AM »
Salon  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:  really............ Salon......... and they want the GOP to do well ..... not!

You didn't answer the questions..... obfuscating won't cut it.
When you can't refute the message, be sure to go after the messenger.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 12:56:19 AM »
When you can't refute the message, be sure to go after the messenger.

Once-ler is capable of speaking for himself, but if you want to jump in then perhaps you will answer the questions he skated around:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tell us all the good and admirable thing Mitch McConnell has accomplished while in the senate. 

He has been in the senate since 1984.    Why -- EXACTLY -- should anyone serve in the senate or congress for 30 years?

What exactly has he done to stop the growth in our national deficit while in the senate? 

Out debt in 1984 was:  1,572,266,000,000.00.  Today it is 17 Trillion and growing.  He talks one way in DC and another in KY.  He's in the union and Chamber of Commerce pockets (his wife is a Chamber of Commerce lobbyist).  He loves those earmarks...

Bottom line you two may like permanent politicians, I loathe them no matter what party they are calling themselves...

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 01:02:09 AM »
Be clearer. Who is she going after? Salon or Once_Ler?

When you can't refute the message, be sure to go after the messenger

Neither is really very much of a friend of Conservatives. Using Salon as a source of advise for Republicans is akin to asking Reid or Pelosi what is in our best interest. Her questioning of Salon as a source is perfectly legitimate.

As to this: You didn't answer the questions, she's referring to her challenge to McConnell defender Once_Ler to Tell us all the good and admirable thing Mitch McConnell has accomplished while in the senate, again a good and legitimate request and one he carefully avoided.

Perhaps YOU would like to provide the answer Once_Ler for some reason chose not to.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:45 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:22:27 AM »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 01:41:07 AM »
.... and Salon is about as left-wing as you can get, if they want McConnell this is all the more reason to get rid of him,.

:shrug:

I write for Salon, sometimes. They have an advantage a lot of other sites don't have. They pay on time, in full, within 25 minutes of recieving the piece. Run bonuses for heavy traffic articles. Sure, you don't get a byline, but it's a living wage.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
You are the one who came in her touting how great Mitch McConnell is...

Remember what I said about conservatives butchering the English language?  I didn't think so or else you wouldn't start with more spin.

Here is what I said"Just a bunch of nonsense.  McConnell wants to win GOP seats.  The SCF wants to eliminate Republicans they don't like.  It's gotten so bad with conservatives abusing the language they sound like liberals to me."

How does your response "came in her(e) touting how great Mitch McConnell is..." come from my sentence "McConnell wants to win GOP seats."
Do you know what the words "touting" and "great" mean?

Can you see how I feel like you keep saying "Iconceivable!" It's like you write your replies before you get my response, and if it doesn't fit your world view you make it something else and respond.

so answer my questions.   Why should he be returned to the senate after 30 years for another six years.  What EXACTLY has he accomplished.

You want to know why I love Mitch McConnell?  Because he stopped a suicidal moron and his moonies and their utterly stupid non-plan to shutdown the government for less than nothing.  But I agree with most of the Salon article.  McConnell has kept RINOs on board.  I like the continuation of the Bush tax cuts, the permanent estate tax cut, and his defense of it..."There's no evidence whatsoever that the Bush tax cuts actually diminished revenue."

but, like I said, look it up yourself if you don't believe Salon's spin, or whatever you don't believe is true...McConnell didn't pass tax cuts, or vote for them, or fight for them, or whatever salon bias you think somehow negate facts.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 01:57:13 AM »
No one deserves to stay in the senate or congress for 30 years and use it to further pad their bank account.  And, though I dislike that term, I do not care for RINO's.  McConnell is one.  What is clear (to me) is the GOP is coming for a big split.  BTW if McConnell had his way Rand Paul would not be in the senate, McConnell has his own hand-picked "lacky" like McCain has in Jeff Flake.

BTW McConnell is about as popular as a tick in KY these days.

Tout:  attempt to sell (something), typically by pestering people in an aggressive or bold manner.

and yes.  You came her touting your support of McConnell and every other old fart in the senate.  And have yet to say why they should have a life-time seat. BTW I don't think SCOTUS should be lifetime, either.

Offline Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 03:00:26 AM »
No one deserves to stay in the senate or congress for 30 years and use it to further pad their bank account.  And, though I dislike that term, I do not care for RINO's.  McConnell is one.  What is clear (to me) is the GOP is coming for a big split.  BTW if McConnell had his way Rand Paul would not be in the senate, McConnell has his own hand-picked "lacky" like McCain has in Jeff Flake.

BTW McConnell is about as popular as a tick in KY these days.

Tout:  attempt to sell (something), typically by pestering people in an aggressive or bold manner.

and yes.  You came her touting your support of McConnell and every other old fart in the senate.  And have yet to say why they should have a life-time seat. BTW I don't think SCOTUS should be lifetime, either.

I never said anyone should have a lifetime seat and I tried to help you understand once again.  Good night Rapunzel.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 03:56:35 AM »
"The SCF wants to eliminate Republicans they don't like."

Unfortunately, you put a period where a comma should be.

The SCF wants to eliminate Republicans they don't like, who have sold out to the establishment for their own enrichment and who are acting against the best interest of their grass roots constituents, "we, the people."

And, Rapunzel is right. Trusting Salon to defend "the GOP" against conservative criticism is as vapid as trusting Obama when he says he's worked harder than anyone has to negotiate in good faith with republicans.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
I never said anyone should have a lifetime seat and I tried to help you understand once again.  Good night Rapunzel.

You are supporting him running again after 30 years in the senate.  So if 30 years isn't time to retire then what is long enough (in your estimation)?  36 years?  42 years?  48 years?  or when they carry them out in a pine box. 

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »
Mitch McConnell is a cruel joke.  A large part of the problem with the GOP is that he is identified as one of its leaders.   He is inarticulate and unattractive.  He has no charisma and is a squishy moderate.  The sooner McConnell goes, the better.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 03:46:42 PM »
Mitch McConnell is a cruel joke.  A large part of the problem with the GOP is that he is identified as one of its leaders.   He is inarticulate and unattractive.  He has no charisma and is a squishy moderate.  The sooner McConnell goes, the better.

goopo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf