Author Topic: Feinstein: Hey, you could have kept your plan … until we enacted ObamaCare  (Read 873 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Sen. Dianne Feinstein appeared on CBS’ Face the Nation yesterday in part to face the music.  Bob Schieffer led off this portion of her appearance by noting that the Obama administration has failed to deliver on many promises of ObamaCare, not the least of which was “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan.” Feinstein tries to explain that the promise was true … up until the bill passed.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/11/04/feinstein-hey-you-could-have-kept-your-plan-until-we-enacted-the-obamacare-bill/

SCHIEFFER: The president said in the beginning that one thing was that if you liked the health care program you had, you could keep it. We now know there was debate within the administration before he said that as to whether that was actually a promise that could be kept. Should the president not have made that statement?

FEINSTEIN: Well, as I understand it, you can keep it up to the time — and I hope this is correct, but this is what I’ve been told — up to the time the bill was enacted, and after that, it’s a different story.  That part of it, if true, was never made clear.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline andy58-in-nh

“You can keep your freedom, until after the bill is enacted. After that. you’ll have a chance to enjoy new, better kinds of freedom, as defined by your benevolent government. You see, some of the old “liberties” really didn’t serve the public good, and what could possibly be more important than that?”
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline NavyCanDo

So let’s get this straight.  The promise made by Barack Obama from 2007 forward all the way through the 2012 election, made dozens if not hundreds of times in those five years, meant that you could keep the plan you liked only if we never enacted the reform he proposed? I’ve heard some pretty fanciful spin on the “keep your plan” promise, but that really does take the cake.

You can keep your plan until its canceled.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Moderator can remove post. I just noticed the story was already posted.