Author Topic: It’s Chelsea Clinton’s time  (Read 2062 times)

Offline mountaineer

It’s Chelsea Clinton’s time
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:41:26 pm »
Gag alert implied.
She’s making all the right moves.

With the stealth of an environmentally responsible electric engine, this brainy, transplanted New Yorker is working overtime to make herself liked by the American people, while perfecting her hair, makeup and wardrobe.

But is the nation ready for another politician named Clinton — a poised woman with White House experience, a punishing vegan diet, and a marriage that’s attracted its fair share of gossip?

Clearly, I’m not talking about Hillary.

It’s Chelsea time.

Note that in 2011, rumors ran wild among the chattering class in Westchester County, where her parents have a place, that the inscrutable only child of former President Bill Clinton and ex-US Sen. and Secretary of State Hillary was eager to run for the congressional seat occupied by then-74-year-old Rep. Nita Lowey, who was said to be retiring. The talk was that Chelsea was urged to run by unnamed big-deal Democrats.

“People in the neighborhood were buzzing about it,’’ said Joseph Mercurio, a Democratic political consultant. “If you spotted a bright, articulate person with family connections, you might look at her. And I think she’s got good advice from her parents.”

Even if Chelsea did nothing to advance the chatter (Lowey ran for and won re-election in 2012; Chelsea’s spokesman denied she wanted the job), it was official. The Sphinx-like former first daughter had transformed into a brand.

Lately, Chelsea, who once avoided the media like space aliens, is letting it rip. Chelsea, who has no law degree but earned a master’s of philosophy from Oxford University, teased CNN in August that she might consider running for public office. Just “not now.” She told Jon Stewart of “The Daily Show” that she’s steering clear of politics “for this point in my life.”

But her dad whacked open the door that Chelsea cracked. Bill told CNN’s Piers Morgan that Hillary should win the White House first. Then “over the long run, Chelsea.”

“She knows more than we do about everything,” he said.

Chelsea, 33, has long lived in the bubble of the political Witness Protection Program. She’s avoided eye contact with the media to the point where she blew off a 9-year-old Scholastic News reporter covering her mom’s presidential campaign in 2007, saying, “I don’t talk to the press, and that applies to you, unfortunately. Even though I think you’re cute.” The rejected munchkin just wanted to know if Bill Clinton would make a good first man.

But suddenly and without a press release, Chelsea is dropping the stuck-up act.

Ahead of the first anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, Chelsea materialized in the Rockaways in a hard hat to break ground on a house with volunteers from the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation. She refused to answer questions from local reporters, but did make an actual statement.

“We are so excited to be doing this,” said Chelsea.

Then she made a startling true confession worthy of a reality-TV star. Chelsea told TV cook Rachael Ray last month that she got her first kiss from a boy, in his basement, during the time she lived in the White House.

And if the image of the formerly frizzy-haired Chelsea engaging in a consensual lip lock isn’t too much to process, she told Glamour magazine that her folks, particularly her mom, have put unrelenting pressure on Chelsea and her husband of three years, Marc Mezvinsky, 35, to make them grandparents.

She said 2014 will be “the Year of the Baby.”

Were we witnessing the opening act in the Selling of Chelsea?

Chelsea has never been battle-tested, mainly because the media always gave her a free pass — or else. MSNBC host David Schulte was hit with a two-week suspension in 2008 for saying Chelsea was “pimped out” by her mother’s presidential campaign. The remark, though tasteless, is light years milder than the crude female anatomical term an unpunished TV talker Bill Maher used to ridicule Republican Sarah Palin.

How will Chelsea handle her first inevitable misogynistic attack?

Chelsea’s marriage drew attention when, shortly after her 2010 fairy-tale nuptials, the bride’s investment-banker hubby bolted for a time to live as a ski bum in Wyoming. But a few months ago, the couple bought a $10.5 million, four-bedroom Manhattan apartment, complete with room for a nursery.

Chelsea is “very much the yin to my yang,” Mezvinsky told Vogue magazine last year.

Chelsea also drew grief after she was named an NBC correspondent in 2011, covering gauzy feature stories. With her famous name and wooden delivery, Chelsea publicly leapfrogged over more deserving reporters stuck in the journalistic boonies of Bangor or Little Rock.

But now, it’s all hard hats and baby love.

“If there is a political future for Chelsea Clinton, she’s going about it in the proper way,’’ said Democratic political consultant Hank Sheinkopf.

“By creating celebrity, by not being an obnoxious, entitled presidential daughter. Rather, she is perceived as someone kind of nice.’’

Are we seeing the creation of a Clinton dynasty? I’d bet money on it.
Andrea Peyser, New York Post

This twit has never held a real job nor has she accomplished anything in her pampered life, but no matter. She's a political star.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: It’s Chelsea Clinton’s time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »
The closest she ever came to a real job (which probably was a 10-second photo op):

And then there's the Chelz in her native habitat:

Offline mountaineer

It’s Chelsea Clinton’s time - gay rights really important, she says
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:14 pm »
Chelsea Clinton calls gay rights issues 'the unfinished business of the 21st century'

Speaking to the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's inaugural conference, the former first daughter spoke about the "incredible progress" the LGBT community has made in 2013. People honored at the conference included Magic Johnson and his wife, Cookie, former ‘N Sync singer Lance Bass and writer Robin McHaelen.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sunday, February 16, 2014, 10:01 PM

Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton said Sunday  the gay-rights cause made “incredible progress” on political and legal fronts in 2013, but progress should not be mistaken for success.

Clinton called lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues “the unfinished business of the 21st century” in an address at a national conference in Las Vegas where actress Ellen Page came out as gay days earlier in an emotional speech that’s stirred a social media outpouring.

Clinton urged a crowd of 600 professionals who work with children to become more sensitive to the needs of LGBT youth, saying the deck is stacked against them because of bullying, rejection and other harassment.

“I’ve often been asked why issues of equality are so important to me. Frankly, I don’t know why they ask that question,” Clinton said. “This is about the premise and promise of our country. (It’s) always marching forward to a more perfect union. I was raised in a family where inertia is not an option.”

The Washington, D.C.-based Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s inaugural conference, which was designed to promote the safety and welfare of LGBT youth, honored Magic Johnson and his wife, Cookie, former ‘N Sync singer Lance Bass and writer Robin McHaelen for their support of gay rights.

The Johnsons’ son, E.J., who accepted the award on their behalf, praised his parents for giving him unconditional love after he revealed that he was gay.

During the three-day conference that ended Sunday, Betty DeGeneres, mother of Ellen DeGeneres, stressed the importance of parents in giving support to LGBT children, and Candace Gingrich, half-sister of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, served as a moderator for a panel discussion about LGBT youth issues.

On Friday, Page, 26, whose role as a pregnant teenager in the 2007 film “Juno” won the hearts of moviegoers and earned her an Oscar nomination, came out as gay at the conference, saying, “I feel a personal obligation and social responsibility” and that she was “tired of lying by omission.”

Clinton praised both Page and Jason Collins, the NBA player who announced he was gay after last season.

“Now others have followed his (Collins’) courageous example, and I hope later on this year, we’ll be cheering for the first openly gay player in the NFL,” Clinton said, referring to Missouri All-American Michael Sam, who came out this month.

She noted how 17 states and Washington, D.C., recognize same-sex marriage and how the U.S. Justice Department recently instructed all of its employees to give lawful same-sex marriages sweeping equal protection under the law in every program it administers.

“With all the incredible progress we had in 2013, it’s easy to think progress marks success,” she said. “We certainly shouldn’t take anything away from the historic victories in 2013 ... But we should not mistake progress for success. We need to continue to push for progress in communities, states and the country.”

The conference, which was held in partnership with the National Education Association and American Counseling Association, drew teachers, counselors, coaches, social workers, health professionals and others who work with children.

A report issued in conjunction with the conference focused on youth who identify themselves as transgender or express their gender in nonconventional ways. It found that such youth feel even more marginalized and challenged at school and require more attention, said Ellen Kahn of the Human Rights Campaign.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »
Okay, I know she said gay rights was really important, but that doesn't mean childhood diarrhea isn't really really important. Hey, she has all that Clinton Foundation money to spend.
Chelsea Clinton Tells SXSW That She's 'Obsessed With Diarrhea' -- For A Great Reason
 The Huffington Post    | by  Robbie Couch 
 Posted:  03/13/2014 6:00 pm EDT    Updated:  03/14/2014 1:59 am EDT   

Whoa -- did we just learn way too much about a former first daughter?

On Tuesday, Chelsea Clinton sat down to chat at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, and wasted no time beating around the bush.

"Does that mean you're going to let me talk about childhood diarrhea?" Clinton asked the moderator within the first 30 seconds of a Q&A session. "I'm obsessed with diarrhea ..."

But, she brought up the potentially awkward topic for a great reason. Bill and Hillary Clinton's only child used her time on the festival stage to shine a light on a humanitarian crisis plaguing developing countries -- a lack of access to clean water.

"I find the fact that more than 750,000 children still die every year around the world because of severe dehydration due to diarrhea unacceptable," she said in a video clip captured by ABC News.

Diarrhea and pneumonia -- two preventable diseases -- cause 29 percent of child deaths around the world, according to the World Health Organization. Along with safe drinking water, good nutrition and hand-washing are also cited as important factors in fighting these conditions in the developing world.

To learn more and contribute to Chelsea Clinton's work surrounding access to clean water, visit the Clinton Foundation website.
Whoa, everything we learn about the Chelz is too much, Robbie.

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 02:03:39 pm »
To go the hell away.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:09:25 pm »
I'm sorry, I usually don't care for these kinds of statements, but I just can't help myself:  she is a horse.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »
I remember the Chelsea POTUS rumors. I remember wrong, I guess.

I thought she was to be the legal age for POTUS 35- by 2016? 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:10:53 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »
She'll run for something, I have no doubt.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 02:13:47 pm »
She'll run for something, I have no doubt.

The Preakness, perhaps?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:34 pm »

Offline Millee

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:18:32 pm »
The Preakness, perhaps?

:silly: :silly:  Ouch!   :silly:

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 02:19:26 pm »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »

You just have to know that Webb is one proud papa.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:58 pm »
Clinton called lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues “the unfinished business of the 21st century”....

...and she will not rest until EVERY American is lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.  Like her mother.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 02:25:56 pm »
Clinton called lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues “the unfinished business of the 21st century”....

...and she will not rest until EVERY American is lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.  Like her mother.
:beer:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 02:52:37 pm »
I miss when she used to look like Web Hubbell

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PP7et-DHg

I think this classic show airs on ME TV. Didn't' My Favorite Martian' come on right after Mister Ed?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »
The Preakness, perhaps?
She better watch her back. DeBlasio might try and put her out to pasture!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »
The Preakness, perhaps?

ROFLMAO!!   :laughingdog:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »
She better watch her back. DeBlasio might try and put her out to pasture!
He'll get her off the streets of NYC, that's for sure.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:41 pm »
I think this classic show airs on ME TV. Didn't' My Favorite Martian' come on right after Mister Ed?

I think you're right on about that...

My point was to compare Chelsea's snappers with Mr. Ed's...she definitely has Web's forehead but that girl could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence and I'm not sure if she gets that from the Hildebeest or not......

Offline elkfersupper

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »
She looks like Web Hubbell.

She probably should have gone down the Monica Lewinsky route, but she's too old and homely now.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 12:21:26 am »
She looks like Web Hubbell.

She probably should have gone down the Monica Lewinsky route, but she's too old and homely now.

Take another look at those snappers, and think that idea over one more time.......