Author Topic: Did a hungover Secret Service agent accidentally shoot JFK?  (Read 9838 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Did a hungover Secret Service agent accidentally shoot JFK?
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 01:50:46 am »
Watched last night..it was very convincing and even plausible...but I always fee that way every time I watch a show like that with a new theory...we will never know for sure what really happened and who was responsible...well maybe Arlen Specter did..lol

I'm not ready to completely accept all their theories yet. The angle theory is literally shaky because the slightest movement by Kennedy could change everything. The 'smell of gunpowder' could easily be simply the power of suggestion. They are asked if they smell something, in hindsight they think about it and their mind builds a pattern.

The type of bullet, FMJ versus frangible is pretty compelling. I was unaware before of the number of fragments in the headshot. That isn't a FMJ that hit something sold versus the other bullet going through soft tissue.

I believe it could be very plausible that a SS agent did accidentally shoot Kennedy and there was a cover up to not cause a national damnation of the Secret Service over an accident. Not a nefarious conspiracy, but a cover-up of a friendly fire accident during a chaotic situation.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 01:51:20 am »
It matters because what they did in this case opened the doors to all that has happened since and until we get to the bottom of it once and for all we will NEVER be a free people again!

At least that's how I see it.

It matters very much to those of us who lived through that era in our history.  I fell in love with politics because of JFK.  Our country changed significantly with his death.  He was the Democratic version of Reagan in-as-much as he gave us all a feeling we could do and become anything we wanted to be.. remember he was the one who said we could go to the moon or beyond.  Yes he was a philander, but none of us knew this at the time.  We had come through the nasty riots of the 50's over civil rights which Ike had been unable to do anything about, the Bay of Pigs was something Kennedy inherited from Ike (also Vietnam was inherited from Ike) and yes the Bay of Pigs was a fiasco -- who does this during a FULL MOON -- but he stood up to the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis... (like Reagan did all those years later).  I don't ever remember one single time that was as tense in this country as that period of time in October when we didn't know what was going to happen.  I was dating a boy who was in the Marines and we were at a LA Rams football game where they came over the loud speakers and said every single service man or woman in the stands were under orders to report immediately to their base..... I got a letter from him a couple of days later saying didn't know when he'd be back they were on their way to Florida on standby..  every day after school the TV went on immediately to see what had happened during the day.....

When JFK was shot I was at work at the Los Angeles Credit Exchange and someone called in for some credit info and asked if I knew the president had been shot...... I will never forget the following very dreary and dark days in this country...... ever...... and the shock that Jack Ruby suddenly and so easily killed the man who "supposedly" had done this.  Like Bigun says - the Warren Commission was nothing short of a joke. Arlen Specter made it come out the way HE wanted it to come out.....  that that sleazy SOB managed to stay in the senate so many years after this escapes me.   It was either the mob, the Cubans or LBJ..... all three had something to gain from his death and remember word has always been he didn't want the involvement in Vietnam.. LBJ DID.

There is so much more that makes this suspicious..... and it will never be a closed issue in my mind.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 01:51:54 am »
The mother of all Benghazi's and the fact that it happened so long ago matters not one whit to me!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:02 am »
There is so much more that makes this suspicious..... and it will never be a closed issue in my mind.

I think that holds true for those of us who lived through it..I never accepted the findings of the Warren Commission either
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:06 am »
I'm not ready to completely accept all their theories yet. The angle theory is literally shaky because the slightest movement by Kennedy could change everything. The 'smell of gunpowder' could easily be simply the power of suggestion. They are asked if they smell something, in hindsight they think about it and their mind builds a pattern.

The type of bullet, FMJ versus frangible is pretty compelling. I was unaware before of the number of fragments in the headshot. That isn't a FMJ that hit something sold versus the other bullet going through soft tissue.

I believe it could be very plausible that a SS agent did accidentally shoot Kennedy and there was a cover up to not cause a national damnation of the Secret Service over an accident. Not a nefarious conspiracy, but a cover-up of a friendly fire accident during a chaotic situation.

and why did his brain disappear? 

BTW have you read The Road to Dallas?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 01:58:28 am »
and why did his brain disappear? 

BTW have you read The Road to Dallas?

Haven't read it. As for the brain, if there was a cover-up, even one of simply a friendly fire accident, the brain would be the most compelling evidence because fragments of the bullet may still be found in there and they could possibly reconstruct the caliber to that of a 5.56 (under the 6mm hole so that fits).

They wanted an open and shut case. They didn't want some SS agent paraded before congress and the courts, all in front of cameras.

The one thing that makes me always think twice about this though is LBJ. That old bastard couldn't be trusted.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 07:12:05 am »
It was either the mob, the Cubans or LBJ..... all three had something to gain from his death and remember word has always been he didn't want the involvement in Vietnam.. LBJ DID.

Coincidentally someone just sent me a link to this book which can be found on Amazon.

The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ

Find out how and why LBJ had JFK assassinated.

What does legendary political operative Roger Stone know that historians Robert Caro and Robert Dallek do not know? He knows that Lyndon Johnson murdered President John F. Kennedy. Combining decades of insider political knowledge with cutting edge JFK assassination research, Roger Stone lays out the case that Lyndon Johnson manipulated the situation in Dallas on November 22, 1963, and murdered Kennedy as he murdered numerous other victims along the way. LBJ was not just shooting his way into the White House, he was avoiding political ruin and prosecution and jail for corruption at the hands of the Kennedy's.

The case against LBJ has long been sitting in plain sight, and in The Man Who Killed Kennedy, you will find out all the details you weren't supposed to know:

The amoral psychopath detailed in Robert Caro’s earlier volumes.
The mutual hatred between the Kennedy's and Lyndon Johnson.
The discredited Warren Report.
The early murders committed by LBJ on the path to power
The Dallas connections; as well as LBJ’s epic mental instabilities.

Political consultant, strategist, and Libertarian Roger Stone has gathered documents and used his firsthand knowledge to construct the ultimate tome to prove that LBJ was not only involved in JFK’s assassination, but was in fact the mastermind.

With 2013 being the fiftieth anniversary of JFK’s assassination, this is the perfect time for The Man Who Killed Kennedy to be available to readers. The research and information in this book is unprecedented, and as Roger Stone lived through it, he’s the perfect person to bring it to everyone’s attention.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-Who-Killed-Kennedy/dp/1626363137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381247762&sr=8-1&keywords=the+man+who+killed+kennedy
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:05 am »
Thanks, I read the reviews and downloaded to my kindle... just need more hours in the day to read and work.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 02:11:30 pm »
It was either the mob, the Cubans or LBJ..... all three had something to gain from his death and remember word has always been he didn't want the involvement in Vietnam.. LBJ DID.

There are two more and both of them had a much greater motive! 

The military brass hated Kennedy and especially so after he declared his intention to pull out of Vietnam.

The CIA hated Kennedy because he had betrayed them at the Bay of Pigs and  "I'm going to break the CIA into a thousand pieces".

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:22:17 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 03:24:33 pm »
It is a cottage industry where people are making $$$ devising more and more complex theories about who and how Kennedy was killed.  I actually paid a street guy outside the book depository to give me a walking tour of Dealey Plaza.  I saw the fence, the open storm sewer.  The lines of sight.  Discussed the timelines of where Oswald was when.  I have been to the museums.  I understand the off-the-chart incompetence of the Dallas Police Department in coping with the magnitude of the event.  Hell, it wasn't even a Federal crime in 1963 to kill the President.  Yep, I saw it all.  At least most of it.  I'm a gun guy.  I have fired a gun like the Mannlicher Carcano (sp?) with its quirky bolt action.  I have stared at traffic going by on Elm Street from the 6th floor window. 

Big conspiracies require silence from too many people.  I don't like complex.  Sort of an Occam's Razor kind of guy. 

Oswald was the lone gunman.

But...

I could be wrong.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »
It is a cottage industry where people are making $$$ devising more and more complex theories about who and how Kennedy was killed.  I actually paid a street guy outside the book depository to give me a walking tour of Dealey Plaza.  I saw the fence, the open storm sewer.  The lines of sight.  Discussed the timelines of where Oswald was when.  I have been to the museums.  I understand the off-the-chart incompetence of the Dallas Police Department in coping with the magnitude of the event.  Hell, it wasn't even a Federal crime in 1963 to kill the President.  Yep, I saw it all.  At least most of it.  I'm a gun guy.  I have fired a gun like the Mannlicher Carcano (sp?) with its quirky bolt action.  I have stared at traffic going by on Elm Street from the 6th floor window. 

Big conspiracies require silence from too many people.  I don't like complex.  Sort of an Occam's Razor kind of guy. 

Oswald was the lone gunman.

But...

I could be wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of their validity.

Based on what I have seen and know first hand I have a very different opinion than yours.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:28:55 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:37 pm »
Everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of their validity.

Based on what I have seen and know first hand I have a very different opinion than yours.

I accept that.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »
First hand knowledge?
John Steinbeck

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »

I thought that this was an interesting analysis of potential conspirators and motives...

Q&A ABOUT THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 05:22:13 pm »
First hand knowledge?

Roughly two years after the event I was working in a country half a world away from Dallas, Texas with government employees who were in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.

Lots of time late at night spent sitting around upended empty cable reels filled with adult beverages.

Do I have to spell it out further for you?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:23:58 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 05:28:01 pm »
I thought that this was an interesting analysis of potential conspirators and motives...

That essay is as good an accounting as one is likely to find!

Hadn't previously seen it but it is definitely a keeper!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »

Interesting read but the Eisenhower "Miltary-Industrial" complex speech makes me think.  It had a "Conspiracy Theory" feel to it.  I was waiting to see something about "Catcher In The Rye".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »
Roughly two years after the event I was working in a country half a world away from Dallas, Texas with government employees who were in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.

Lots of time late at night spent sitting around upended empty cable reels filled with adult beverages.

Do I have to spell it out further for you?

Many of us have solved riddles with empty adult beverage bottles strewn about.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
Many of us have solved riddles with empty adult beverage bottles strewn about.

I'm sure that's true! Especially if they listened to what was said as those bottles were being emptied!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »
I don't like complex.  Sort of an Occam's Razor kind of guy.

Which to me is one of the appeals of the work of Howard Donahue’s work as in Menninger’s book Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK. It is based on ballistics which can be duplicated and eschews any mention or need of some vast conspiracy.

Of course, it only addresses the issue of the fatal shot but not the issue of what motivated Oswald and whether he was just an innocent patsy as some believe or part of a larger scheme.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 12:00:38 am »
Funny how the perception of people that ran things when we were kids....or God forbid, before we were born...is typically one of ignorance and incompetence.

I read all the early books written on the JFK assassination.  I was a junior in HS at the time.

As they say, "It's already been posted!"    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:17 pm »
Which to me is one of the appeals of the work of Howard Donahue’s work as in Menninger’s book Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK. It is based on ballistics which can be duplicated and eschews any mention or need of some vast conspiracy.

Of course, it only addresses the issue of the fatal shot but not the issue of what motivated Oswald and whether he was just an innocent patsy as some believe or part of a larger scheme.

The fingerprint of Malcolm Wallace (LBJ's personal assassin) found in LHO's alleged school book depository hideout?

Motorcade route change at the last minute just coincidentally going by LHO's alleged hideout?

LHO's 'patsy' claim and subsequent murder?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 03:17:41 pm »
The fingerprint of Malcolm Wallace (LBJ's personal assassin) found in LHO's alleged school book depository hideout?

Motorcade route change at the last minute just coincidentally going by LHO's alleged hideout?

All of that and much much more!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »

Did you ever notice the change from videotape to film, or vice-versa, in the garage when Oswald got shot?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 03:58:57 pm »
Did you ever notice the change from videotape to film, or vice-versa, in the garage when Oswald got shot?

I think video tape was still in the future at that time.  Of course the film has been put on video tape many times since then.

- J. R. R. Tolkien