Author Topic: Last Year President Obama Reportedly Told His Aides That He's 'Really Good At Killing People'  (Read 1455 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/last-president-obama-reportedly-told-024401509.html

Last Year President Obama Reportedly Told His Aides That He's 'Really Good At Killing People'
Business InsiderBy Michael Kelley | Business Insider – 10 hours ago

AP

This will not go over well for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner.

According to the new book “Double Down,” in which journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann chronicle the 2012 presidential election, President Barack Obama told his aides that he’s “really good at killing people” while discussing drone strikes.

Peter Hamby of The Washington Post reported the moment in his review of the book.

The claim by the commander-in-chief is as indisputable as it is grim.

Obama oversaw the 2009 surge in Afghanistan, 145 Predator drone strikes in NATO’s 2011 Libya operations, the May 2011 raid that killed Osama bin Laden, and drone strikes that killed the Pakistani Taliban leader and a senior member of the Somali-based militant group al-Shabab this week.

His administration also expanded the drone war: There have been 326 drone strikes in Pakistan, 93 in Yemen, and several in Somalia, compared to a total of 52 under George Bush.

In 2011 two of those strikes killed American-born al-Qaeda propagandist Anwar al-Awlaki and his American-born, 16-year-old son within two weeks.

Under Obama U.S. drone operators began practicing “signature strikes,” a tactic in which targets are chosen based on patterns of suspicious behavior and the identities of those to be killed aren't necessarily known. (The administration counts all “military-age males” in a strike zone as combatants.)

Furthermore, the disturbing trend of the “double tap” — bombing the same place in quick succession and often hitting first responders — has become common practice.

Needless to say, a lot of innocent people have been killed along with combatants.

Obama has also embraced the expansion of capture/kill missions by Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) after it developed into the primary counterterrorism tool of the Bush administration.

One JSOC operator told investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, author of “Dirty Wars: The World Is A Battlefield,” that operations under Obama became “harder, faster, quicker — with the full support of the White House.”

Scahill, who also made a “Dirty Wars” documentary, told NBC News that Obama will “go down in history as the president who legitimized and systematized a process by which the United States asserts the right to conduct assassination operations around the world.”

So although President Obama has proven to be “really good at killing people,” the demonstration has not necessarily been noble.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
He hasn't killed me yet, but he's been torturing me for a good 6 years.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have noticed on several occasions how Obama takes pride and in some ways seems to enjoy death. Well, the death of others anyway. How many times did he claim that he killed Osama, and with such swagger and apparent glee. I mean, it had to be done, but I hoped that it would be done by sober adults, and not a teenager trying to prove what a 'badass' he is.

I have been in the military. I have worked with and under real killers. People who kill people all the time. None of them, not one, would ever say, 'I'm really good at killing people.' They may say they are highly trained. They may say they are good at what they do. They may talk about killing the 'enemy'. But no one would use these words.

These are the words of any crackpot dictator in history and the world today. They are not the words of an adult who does what he does out of necessity. These are not the words of any soldier I have ever know.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

He's a bleep.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Olivia

He hasn't killed me yet, but he's been torturing me for a good 6 years.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Blowing up terrorists with drones, especially in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border region is about the only thing I think Obama does right.  I'm sorry that sometimes there is collateral damage, but that is what happens when the enemy hides among noncombatants.  Besides, most of the "civilians" that are killed are fully supportive of the terrorists.

The day is coming though when he will use a drone against someone(s) he should not.  We'll see if the sh*t will hit the fan when that happens.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:29:12 pm by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Obama is exceptionally good at killing people. Just ask the troops.

Oh, he meant terrorists?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink