Author Topic: Fox News' Highly Reluctant Jesus Follower: Of all people surprised that I became an evangelical Christian, I'm the most surprised.  (Read 1742 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Wow that is amazing.  I have noticed her being different on Fox for about a year now.
That was such a touching testimony too :0001:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Lando Lincoln

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline happyg

Good story! I bet she reached a lot of people with that testimony.

Offline musiclady

Wow.  Praise the Lord for this testimony!

Side note............Tim Keller is awesome!  If you want a taste of his work, try The Reason for God - Belief in an Age of Skepticism., or better yet watch the video series.  He patiently, lovingly and truthfully deals with people like Kirsten Powers - intelligent, skeptical, but searching for truth.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Cincinnatus

This is remarkable and highly gratifying news.

Welcome to the Light Side, Kirsten. I hope you new found life in Christ will awaken you in some other areas of your life.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That was a wonderful read and a wonderful witness!

Welcome, Kirsten! Don't give a single damn about your politics - just welcome to fellowship.

But I didn't feel any connection to God, and frankly, I was fine with that. I continued to think that people who talked of hearing from God or experiencing God were either delusional or lying. In my most generous moments, I allowed that they were just imagining things that made them feel good.

Dude is busy. The universe doesn't run itself. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing - he'll not talk much. Why should he? You slip or trip, His hand is there to catch you. You start doing wrong, or if there is something you really should be doing, you'll hear from him - quietly, in the dark of the night. Otherwise, he'll leave you be. We praise Him. Not the other way around.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

That is one terrific read.  Thanks for posting it Rap!

Offline katzenjammer

Thanks for posting, always great to read about another name written into the Lamb's Book of Life!!

I always hold out hope that their new eyes and ears will lead them to further truth, I believe that Bob Beckel is also on the path...  Prayers up for them both!!

Offline olde north church

I would rather have her as an Intellectual Conservative than a Believing Leftist.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

I would rather have her as an Intellectual Conservative than a Believing Leftist.
Intellectual and believing are not mutually exclusive, but we can hope she'll come around to our political point of view.

Offline NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

Thanks for the lump in my throat, Rap!  Great way to start my Monday morning!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan

Offline olde north church

Intellectual and believing are not mutually exclusive, but we can hope she'll come around to our political point of view.

Oh, I didn't mean intellectual in an intelligence level sense.  I meant as in arriving to conservatism by observation, life experience, the like.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

Offline NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Relic

Ms. Powers has been a very rare type of person for at least for a couple of years. That rare breed is a thinking, logical, liberal. I've noticed it for at least a year, and my feeble memory tells me 2 years. She doesn't scream, she doesn't try to talk over others, she doesn't make stupid, unsupportable claims. She tries her best to see things objectively.

Kirstin Powers is a liberal I respect, and wish the best.

Offline SouthTexas

To me, she seemed to make too much sense to be a true leftist. 

As Paul Harvey would say, "and now you know the rest of the story".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf