Author Topic: As Bush Settles Into Dallas, Golf Tees and Family Time Now Trump Politics  (Read 852 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: As Bush Settles Into Dallas, Golf Tees and Family Time Now Trump Politics
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
Bush is out of office, and yet people are still blaming him for everything.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
I miss him.  He's a good man and a patriot.

I don't care what he thinks about the Tea Party, and I'm sure not going to go after him for him quiet opinions.

Like Garbo, he wants to be left alone.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
I miss him.  He's a good man and a patriot.

I don't care what he thinks about the Tea Party, and I'm sure not going to go after him for him quiet opinions.

Like Garbo, he wants to be left alone.......

Yep, Bush had plenty of flaws, but he is a good man who loves this country unlike the current idiot in chief who would rather see it burn to the ground.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 01:28:55 PM »
Yep, Bush had plenty of flaws, but he is a good man who loves this country unlike the current idiot in chief who would rather see it burn to the ground.

Indeed................and the current idiot in chief is doing a bang up job in burning it down.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »

Spot on. The one thing I will always remember is his actions on 9/11. Gets told about what happens, calmly carries on reading to a bunch of children so as not to scare them by jumping up and leaving.

The guy wants to be private - let him. He owes the US - or the rest of the world - exactly nothing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf