Author Topic: Why Delaying Obamacare Has Insurers Freaking Out  (Read 1192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Why Delaying Obamacare Has Insurers Freaking Out
« on: November 02, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:47:37 PM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Why Delaying Obamacare Has Insurers Freaking Out
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:27:18 PM »
The Democrats have so totally screwed this thing up it's unfathomable anyone could be this freaking stupid.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 11:34:13 PM »
The Democrats have so totally screwed this thing up it's unfathomable anyone could be this freaking stupid.

Someone just tweeted that 4 million people had their policies cancelled. Those insurance companies aren't making money without policy holders. What a mess!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »
Sorry, mountaineer and Rap - you knew I were going to poke you on this.  :smokin:

Seriously - why don't you just go single payer? After all, it works so well for us!

That was sarcasm - but I have to admit. Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (in her 70s) and she was in hospital and operated on before I could make all of the 2 hour drive up to see her. Got there and she was already in recovery. 5 years later, she is still cancer free. She did have to wait 3 years for her cataracts to be removed though - it's a bit of a crap shoot, really. A bit like her driving before she had the cataracts removed.

Dad, on the other hand - same hospital, same referring doctor, same surgical team (different lead surgeon) - he's been in 4 times for his vocal chords. They keep screwing things up. He'll be screaming down the phone at me and I hear a whisper. It got bad enough at one stage that I gave him a throat mike and amplifier (don't ask) so he could talk to the neighbors and make conversation at the dinner table.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »
Sorry, mountaineer and Rap - you knew I were going to poke you on this.  :smokin:

Seriously - why don't you just go single payer? After all, it works so well for us!

That was sarcasm - but I have to admit. Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (in her 70s) and she was in hospital and operated on before I could make all of the 2 hour drive up to see her. Got there and she was already in recovery. 5 years later, she is still cancer free. She did have to wait 3 years for her cataracts to be removed though - it's a bit of a crap shoot, really. A bit like her driving before she had the cataracts removed.

Dad, on the other hand - same hospital, same referring doctor, same surgical team (different lead surgeon) - he's been in 4 times for his vocal chords. They keep screwing things up. He'll be screaming down the phone at me and I hear a whisper. It got bad enough at one stage that I gave him a throat mike and amplifier (don't ask) so he could talk to the neighbors and make conversation at the dinner table.

With all due respect, I'm in no mood to discuss single payer. I'm glad you like it in the UK and they like it in Canada (or so xfreeper claims) but it is a terrible idea and it is not the solution, it will only lead to inferior health care in the USA.  I read the stories out of the UK and it what I read is a disaster compared to what we have enjoyed in the USA.

And.. you may enjoy paying outrageous taxes in the UK to provide social services for the population.. but this is the USA...... and I do not enjoy working my ass off to pay for people who prefer to sit home, collect food stamps welfare and free healthcare on my back.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:47:25 PM by Rapunzel »

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 11:48:58 PM »
With all due respect, I'm in no mood to discuss single payer. I'm glad you like it in the UK and they like it in Canada (or so xfreeper claims) but it is a terrible idea and it is not the solution, it will only lead to inferior health care in the USA.  I read the stories out of the UK and it what I read is a disaster compared to what we have enjoyed in the USA.

And.. you may enjoy paying outrageous taxes in the UK to provide social services for the population.. but this is the USA...... and I do not enjoy working my ass off to pay for people who prefer to sit home, collect food stamps welfare and free healthcare on my back.

:amen:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »

Accepted. Promise - no teasing about this for one month from the time of this post.

What grinds me about Obamacare is it takes the worst of both worlds. Single payer, with all the inefficiency and waste that implies ($4000 toilet seats, anyone?). Then it adds a profit driven layer on top of it. How ANYONE could think it would be affordable is beyond me.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »
The government has absolutely no business meddling in healthcare, education, and much, much more... someone needs to read the damned Constitution/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »
Borders and currency is about it - I'll accept weights and measures also.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:56:58 PM by EC »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »
The government has absolutely no business meddling in healthcare, education, and much, much more... someone needs to read the damned Constitution/

Unfortunately, the Constitution gives the federal government very wide latitude to meddle in those areas, either directly - as in meddling in health care via the Commerce Clause - or indirectly - as in meddling in education via the power of the purse.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 12:50:40 AM »
Borders and currency is about it - I'll accept weights and measures also.

And private property rights.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 01:18:26 AM »
And private property rights.

Nope. You are giving them the right to determine your property.

Screw that. If it is yours, you hold it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf