Author Topic: This Is What America's "Poverty" Looks Like.  (Read 714 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This Is What America's "Poverty" Looks Like.
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »
http://www.chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24911-this-is-what-america-s-poverty-looks-like

Saturday, 11/02/2013 - 10:03 am EST
This Is What America's "Poverty" Looks Like.
 Written by  Mockarena

So there's a status update written by a chick on food stamps that's starting to go viral.  I think you'll see why pretty much the moment you read it.

Yeah.

I'm not the one who does the grocery shopping in this house, but it seems to me that $1100 a month is A FREAKING LOT OF MONEY FOR FOOD.  And taxpayers are on the hook for that, just for one chick who clearly has access to facebook USING HER MOBILE PHONE.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you how irritating this is.

Heather is clearly starting to face some backlash, because she wrote this as a follow up (again, via her mobile phone).

I fail to see why her income or rent or other bills matter here.  All you have to do is snoop her page a bit to find out that she's got 3 kids and a husband. We all have bills to pay.  But this chick is raking in over a grand a month from people who are working hard to take care of their OWN families, and using a cell phone to get on facebook and bitch about the amount?  Wow.

I will say it does give me a tiny sliver of satisfaction to see that she directly blames Obama for the cut in food stamps.  Perhaps other parasites who are driving their Lincoln Navigators and carrying their Coach purses into grocery stores before swiping their EBT cards at the register will blame him directly too.  At some point, though, it'd be nice if people like Heather would realize that "the government" they keep talking about - the government they get their benefits from - is built on the backs of taxpayers.  And we taxpayers only have so much money to go around.  There will be a breaking point, and if Heather thinks going from $1170 to $1106 hurts, she hasn't seen anything yet.

GAWD.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34