Author Topic: Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms  (Read 1366 times)

Offline xfreeper

Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms

The Navy Jack is the ‘don’t tread on me’ flag, one that has earned a revered place in America’s naval history and a beloved place in sailor’s hearts, through its use for over two centuries. This symbol of America’s naval ferocity has spanned our country’s entire existence, flying from the masts of the Continental Navy during the war of independence, to today’s War on Terror. In fact, an amendment to the Navy code called SECNAV Instruction 10520.6 clearly states that as of 31 May 2002 all ships are to fly the flag throughout the duration of the War on Terror.

So why would ranking SEAL commanders ban the historical symbol? Is the proverbial top bass banning the flag? Is President Obama?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/01/navy-seals-ordered-to-remove-dont-tread-on-me-navy-jack-from-uniforms/

You can tell them what to wear but they can think what they want

Offline flowers

:nometalk:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@$%#^##$%^&*#$%#())!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

Isn't "fundamental transformation" wonderful?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

I truly fear what this country will be like in 3.5 more years of this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What the bleep?

It is another example of what we were talking about the other day in the "new Marine cover" thread. You don't dismantle a military by fiat. You do it one tradition at a time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink