Author Topic: Sheila Jackson-Lee: Constitution Gives Me Immunity to Discriminate Against the Disabled  (Read 894 times)

Offline happyg

Sheila Jackson-Lee is one of the dumbest people in America and the fourth dumbest person in Congress. If Sheila Jackson-Lee and Joe Biden played chess, the pieces would come to life and run away.

Sheila Jackson-Lee thought that America planted a flag on Mars and won the Vietnam War. Apparently she also thought that when she was passing discrimination laws, the Constitution would keep them from applying to her because she was a politician.

Worse still, she found lawyers who would actually make that argument for her.
charges the Texas Democrat denies.

Mrs. Jackson Lee’s legal team sought to have the complaint dismissed, arguing in part that actions concerning her staff are protected under the Speech or Debate clause of the Constitution. In a lengthy ruling, the judge disagreed.

“Decisions about whether to allow an employee to rest or to have additional time to complete an assignments are not legislative acts for which the representative enjoys constitutional immunity from suit,” U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras wrote in a Sept. 30 opinion.

Just so you can understand how dumb Sheila Jackson-Lee really is, she thought that the Speech and Debate clause let her break the law.

They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

How stupid did Sheila Jackson-Lee have to be to think that this would free her from following employment laws?
: http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/sheila-jackson-lee-constitution-gives-me-immunity-to-discriminate-against-the-disabled/

Offline flowers

Term limits.

Online rustynail

Bless her heart.

Offline olde north church

Term limits.

Well, even that wouldn't work.  Birth control for the parents of the people who voted for her.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.