Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Obama  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Stick a Fork in Obama
« on: November 01, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »
Stick a Fork in Obama

By William L. Gensert  November 1, 2013

We are only three and a quarter years away from transforming the United States of America.  We may never get back to where we once were, but we can sure roll back much of the mess Barack Obama has created through his misguided policies and serial incompetence.

With ObamaCare's ascendancy and impending crash, America will be on the cusp of transformational action.  The misery the ACA will bring to almost every American cannot be overestimated in its ability to incite anger -- and, anger has consequences and repercussions.  The failure of the ACA has the potential to make 2014 a wave election for Republicans.  In 2016, we may see a true conservative as president.

America put men on the moon.  Now, with 3 ½ years and a half a billion dollars, we can't even build a website.  This is how much Barry and his ilk have degraded the brand.  We used to be the shining light on the hill.  Now, we are darkness at the end of the tunnel.  Barack Obama has been the worst thing that has ever happened to the Oval Office, and in the end, ObamaCare will seal his fate as a failed president.

Three and on half years ago, who would have thought that the most emblematic part of the Affordable Care Act, would be the website?  Yet, they already have more than a half a billion dollars in for something that doesn't work at all.  Just imagine how much they will spend to fix it.  Healthcare.gov, when fixed, will probably have cost the nation's taxpayers upwards of a billion dollars

That's the thing about Barry, before his election, the national conversation about budgets and deficits was always about "billions of dollars."  Since January of 2009, it's all about "trillions of dollars."  Now we are talking about websites in the "billions of dollars" category.  That's Barry, always breaking new ground.

Yet, it is not over.  America is holding all the cards.  Republicans have always had a tendency of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but it's looking fairly safe they will play this one right.

The path forward, almost always begins by going in the wrong direction.  There would have been no Ronald Reagan without Jimmy Carter.  The Republicans need to find a new Reagan.  Like the "Gipper," he will have to be a fighter and the gloves will have to come off, because ObamaCare has given Republicans the best opportunity to halt the progressive onslaught in a generation.

America, at last, will be listening. 

Ronald Reagan gave us 25 years of prosperity and freedom.  It's high time we fight to get that back.  Before the last election, I told friends that if Barack Obama won reelection, his second term would destroy the Democratic Party and progressivism for a generation.  By the end of his reign, Americans are going to be so tired and soured on Obama, his anointed successor will not stand a chance of becoming the nation's next president.

Barack Obama has become a leader who does not matter -- the stimulus was all Pelosi and ObamaCare was Pelosi and Harry Reid, et al.  What idea was ever his?  Can he point to one thing where he was deeply involved?  He has been our golfing president.  He is so incompetent and uninvolved that it is believable that he did not know the problems with healthcare.gov, the integral component of ObamaCare, a program he proudly put his name to.

Well...after the IRS targeting of political opponents, the NSA spying on everyone -- including the tapping of the German Chancellor's cell phone, the Fast and Furious dead, Solyndra and all the other crony capitalist backroom deals, the Pigford payouts, his $6 trillion addition to the national debt, the 13.6% U6 unemployment rate, the increase in food stamp and disability rolls, the Benghazi dead and the cover-up, the Syria embarrassment, the racial divisiveness, the doubling of the price of gasoline, and now, Healthcare.gov, people are starting to realize a thing or two about Mr. Hope and Change.

If you think people hate the website, wait until they get a load of ObamaCare itself.  If I did not have such a visceral dislike for the man, I would almost feel sorry for him...it's going to be a long three plus years for Barack Obama.

Daniel Henninger in the Wall Street Journal writes:

"Barack Obama may have spent a lifetime failing up, but eventually it's just failure. He has presided over five years of sickly economic growth, inadequate job creation, a doubling of the food stamp population and now this -- ObamaCare."

The Obama presidency is dead -- killed by Obama himself in a fit of vanity and hubris.  With it, goes the entire progressive movement.  It won't be long before people begin to understand what ObamaCare will cost them and how it will affect their healthcare.  Avik Roy in Forbes Magazine estimates 93 million people will lose their current coverage.

It is altogether possible there will be more people uninsured in 2014 than there were uninsured in 2009 when the ACA passed on a purely partisan vote, promising universal coverage.

With every cancellation letter received, an angry American will remember Obama telling the nation repeatedly: "f you like your insurance plan, you will keep it."

http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/../2013/11/stick_a_fork_in_obama.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

Re: Stick a Fork in Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:50:13 pm »
Obama and his puppet masters want us to fail.  His reign is a success in their eyes.  :chairbang:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »
There is nothing more dangerous than an injured dog......... we should not underestimate this man when he is being pilloried as we've seen this week.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »
There is nothing more dangerous than an injured dog......... we should not underestimate this man when he is being pilloried as we've seen this week.

Some time ago, people were speculating that Obama might have a break down.........and things were much better for him than they are now.

This punk-child with a fragile ego and a heavy dose of narcissism, and a scornful attitude towards America and its people could be on the verge of a serious crack up, and I agree, Rap..........we shouldn't underestimate the damage he might do as a result.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:15:39 pm »
Some time ago, people were speculating that Obama might have a break down.........and things were much better for him than they are now.

This punk-child with a fragile ego and a heavy dose of narcissism, and a scornful attitude towards America and its people could be on the verge of a serious crack up, and I agree, Rap..........we shouldn't underestimate the damage he might do as a result.

You are both VERY right!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 10:23:06 pm »

And every vet on here - member or lurker - just had a wicked flash back.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:33:33 pm »
It's remarkable the American people can be mobilized in less than a week over a chicken joint to frighten the left but can't organize a poker game population over the freedom of healthcare choice
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 12:51:30 am »

The term Dog is appropriate for Dear Leader.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 02:03:13 am »
It's remarkable the American people can be mobilized in less than a week over a chicken joint to frighten the left but can't organize a poker game population over the freedom of healthcare choice

I think more people are finally getting the message than anyone really knows.  2 million cancellation notices since October 1st, and I guarantee you many if not most of them were Obama voters.  Many bought into the many lines of BS Barry has been reading off of his teleprompter for five years; such as lowering their costs $2500, keeping their policy and doctor.  Many people with perfectly good health insurance heard those messages and figured that as long as they had theirs, why not help give someone else theirs?  Too many people are finally realizing just how many times and how long they have been lied to and finally I think the Democrats are in real trouble.

The question is, will Obama bring down the Republic along with him?  The two-party system has failed, and it has gotten us into such a damned mess there is widespread doubt whether we can ever get ourselves back out.  The country was duped 100 years ago into dealing the States out of the Federal checks and balances that were built into the Constitution, and it took a century for Progressive's plans to come to fruition.  We have long talked about "incrementalism" and how you can cook a frog if you heat him slowly enough...that is what got us here. 

The answer to our problems does not lie with Republicans or Democrats, it lies in restoring the Constitution to the way it was intended to work.  Let us hope we can get that done before the Obamunists destroy us all.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 03:00:52 am »
obamacare may pay double dividends. If it turns out to be the failure it looks like and incites the public the way it can you can bet hillary will be reminded of her hillarycare attempt also.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 03:31:32 am »
I think more people are finally getting the message than anyone really knows.  2 million cancellation notices since October 1st, and I guarantee you many if not most of them were Obama voters.  Many bought into the many lines of BS Barry has been reading off of his teleprompter for five years; such as lowering their costs $2500, keeping their policy and doctor.  Many people with perfectly good health insurance heard those messages and figured that as long as they had theirs, why not help give someone else theirs?  Too many people are finally realizing just how many times and how long they have been lied to and finally I think the Democrats are in real trouble.

The question is, will Obama bring down the Republic along with him?  The two-party system has failed, and it has gotten us into such a damned mess there is widespread doubt whether we can ever get ourselves back out.  The country was duped 100 years ago into dealing the States out of the Federal checks and balances that were built into the Constitution, and it took a century for Progressive's plans to come to fruition.  We have long talked about "incrementalism" and how you can cook a frog if you heat him slowly enough...that is what got us here. 

The answer to our problems does not lie with Republicans or Democrats, it lies in restoring the Constitution to the way it was intended to work.  Let us hope we can get that done before the Obamunists destroy us all.

BRAVO!!!  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 03:41:36 am »
Their strategy is to let the negative pressure build up until the Summer/Fall of 2014....the October Surprise will be the arrival of Single-Payer.

I'm concerned...my closet friend, married with 3 beautiful children, always expressed strong Conservative principles.  Financial and Social.

He said that he'd welcome single-payer.

I said you're turning your back on your personal liberty and freedom.  He said, "David, you don't have any freedom right now!

I said...we're going to lose the 2nd Amendment. 

He said....so what?  People shouldn't have guns.  This is an Russian/Israeli Jew we're talking about. 

Yep....I'm worried. :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald