Author Topic: Shooting Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX  (Read 9920 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Shooting Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:44 pm »
I removed the 2 photos....until confirmed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2013, 09:26:28 pm »
Who uses the term 'pigs' anymore for cops?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 09:40:36 pm »

Fans of Bill Ayers?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:34 pm »

Old hippies and kids under 25 - they reclaimed the term and use it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 09:46:45 pm »
Alleged LAX gunman identified as Paul Ciancia from Pennsville, New Jersey

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=9309640

CHopper 6 HD was over the Salem County home of the Ciancia family on Friday evening where a police presence could be seen.

Action News has also learned that Ciancia's brother received a text message from him earlier in the day that was 'worrisome.'

Because of that, Ciancia's father called the Pennsville police chief, who reached out to authorities in Los Angeles.

However, that contact was made after the shooting had already happened.

Los Angeles police Assistant Chief Earl Paysinger said the gunman was apparently wounded following an exchange of gunfire with officers and was in custody.

(Editor's Note: ABC News previously reported the gunman had died, but has since said there are 'conflicting reports' about his condition and can no longer confirm he died.)

Tim Kauffman, a spokesman for the American Federation of Government Employees in Washington, confirmed Friday that a Transportation Security Administration officer was killed. Kauffman said the union's information comes from their local officials in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles Airport Police Chief Patrick Gannon said that at about 9:20 a.m., the gunman pulled what he described as an "assault rifle" from a bag and began firing inside Terminal 3. He then went to the security screening area, where he fired more shots and went into the secure area of the terminal, Gannon said.

Officers exchanged fire with the gunman and apprehended him; police believe he was the only shooter, Gannon said. "As you can imagine, a large amount of chaos took place in this entire incident," he said.

Six people were taken to the hospital, the Los Angeles Fire Department said. It's unclear whether the gunshot victims were among the group.

Some passengers who already had cleared security rushed onto the tarmac to evacuate, while others were locked down in airport restaurants and lounges. The airport was being swept as a precaution and the bomb unit was on scene.

Air traffic was affected nationwide as the Federal Aviation Administration grounded flights that had not yet departed for LAX. Some flights were still allowed to depart what is one of the nation's busiest airports. Cars were blocked from entering.

Witness Brian Keech said he heard about a dozen gunshots from inside a security gate at the terminal, which has been evacuated.

Ben Rosen was sitting at the Starbucks in Terminal 3 eating oatmeal at about 9:20 a.m. when he heard gunfire erupt and people start running in all directions and others crouching on the ground. Rosen got on the ground and another passenger said "don't worry we're safe."

Then more gunshots erupted. He grabbed his phone and tried to lie down as flat on the ground as he could. Police showed up with their guns drawn, shouting, "This is not a drill! Hands up!"

Everyone put their hands up and then were led out of the airport terminal to the international terminal, Rosen said.

As they were led out they saw broken glass from a window that looked like it'd been shot out. Rosen left his bag behind.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:47:19 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »
OK then ....I re-think my comment about the term 'pigs'......as Emily Latila on SNL would say.....nevermind.  :smokin:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:53:02 pm by flowers »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 09:59:15 pm »
OK then ....I re-think my comment about the term 'pigs'......as Emily Latila on SNL would say.....nevermind.  :smokin:

It seems to be mostly the OWS lot that use it, though "bleep the police" is popular in many places.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
Yahoo ‏@Yahoo 24m Father of #LAX shooting suspect called police in New Jersey, worried his son might commit suicide: http://yhoo.it/HjZuYi

Once again we find the shooter had mental issues never should have had a weapon  **nononono*
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:16:41 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2013, 10:17:56 pm »
NJ police: Dad called, worried about LAX suspect

PENNSVILLE, N.J. (AP) — The young man believed to have carried out a shooting at Los Angeles International Airport had sent a sibling a text message mentioning suicide, leading their father to seek authorities' help in finding him, a New Jersey police chief said Friday.

Paul Ciancia's father called Pennsville Police Chief Allen Cummings early Friday afternoon saying another of his children had received a text message from the 23-year-old "in reference to him taking his own life," the chief told The Associated Press.

The elder Ciancia asked for help in locating Paul, Cummings said. The chief called Los Angeles police, which sent a patrol car to Ciancia's apartment. It wasn't clear whether the police visited before or after the airport shooting.

"Basically, there were two roommates there" Cummings said. "They said, 'We saw him yesterday and he was fine.'"

He told Cianci's father that because of his son's age, he couldn't take a missing persons report.

A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity identified Paul Ciancia as the man who pulled a semi-automatic rifle from a bag and shot his way past a security checkpoint at the airport, killing a security officer and wounding two other people.

The gunman was wounded in a shootout with police and was taken into custody, Los Angeles police said.

The official who identified Ciancia was briefed at the airport on the investigation and requested anonymity because was he was not authorized to speak publicly.

A motive wasn't immediately clear. The shooter was wearing fatigues and carrying a bag containing a handwritten note that said he "wanted to kill TSA and pigs," the official said.

A second law enforcement official confirmed the identity, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.

The Pennsville police department has had no dealings with the younger Ciancia, Cummings said.

Outside the father's home Friday in Pennsville — in southern New Jersey across the Delaware River from Wilmington, Del. — a police cruiser blocked the long driveway to the home, which isn't visible from the road. Phone calls weren't answered, and efforts to reach siblings were also unsuccessful.

Neighbor Josh Pagan, 17, said that he would sometimes encounter Ciancia at orthodontist appointments, but that it had been at least two years since the last one.

"He was never weird toward me. He never gave me any weird vibes," he said, adding that in the 10 years he's lived across the street from the Ciancia family "they've been nothing but nice to us."

Ciancia's father owns an auto body shop, Cummings said.

"I've been here 23 years and they are a good family," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/nj-police-dad-called-worried-lax-suspect-213203772.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2013, 10:40:51 pm »
UPDATE: President Obama has been briefed on the situation at LAX, and the White House is taking the lead on the investigation into and response to the shooting.
Well, stop the presses. President Unaware has been briefed. That makes all the difference in the world.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »
Well, stop the presses. President Unaware has been briefed. That makes all the difference in the world.
I know I feel better..... :whistle: This White house goiing to take the lead...is this a joke? do you have a link?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »
I pulled the info from one of the posts above. The president has been briefed.

The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming - the president has been briefed!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »
The media will have this guy crowned as the leader of the Tea Party by the end of the day.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline flowers

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »
I pulled the info from one of the posts above. The president has been briefed.

The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming - the president has been briefed!
Ah yes.....indeed, the birds are singing oh hey children are getting fresh air as well....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57610504-504083/lax-shooting-paul-ciancia-suspected-gunman-in-airport-attack-sent-suicide-related-text-to-family-police-chief-says/

LAX Shooting: Paul Ciancia, suspected gunman in airport attack, sent suicide-related text to family, police chief says

By
    Stephanie Slifer

Daily Blotter

Paul Ciancia
/ Photo obtained by CBS News

UPDATED 6:41 p.m. EST

(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Paul Ciancia, the 23-year-old man identified as the Los Angeles airport shooting suspect, had apparently made references to suicide in a text message sent to a family member of his earlier Friday, a New Jersey police chief says.

PICTURES: Shooting at LAX

Pennsville Township Police Chief Allen Cummings says Ciancia's father called him early Friday afternoon saying another of his children had received a text message from his son Paul "in reference to him taking his own life."

Cummings says the elder Ciancia asked him for help in locating Paul. The chief says he called Los Angeles police, who sent a patrol car to Ciancia's apartment.

There, two roommates said they had seen him Thursday and that he was fine.

Cummings says he told Ciancia's father that because of the son's age, he couldn't take a missing persons report. He says his department had no dealings with the younger Ciancia.

A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity identified the suspect as the younger Ciancia.

U.S. law enforcement officials have confirmed that the suspected gunman has a family address in New Jersey but that he spent some time in the Los Angeles area.

A preliminary review of the terror data bases and watch lists find no connections to Ciancia. And he does not have any significant police record.

Also, sources say, despite some reports to the contrary, the suspect is still alive.

Law enforcement sources told CBS News that "anti-government, anti-TSA writings" were found in the shooter's carry-on style bag.

Authorities believe a lone gunman was behind the shooting at LAX Friday morning that left multiple victims wounded, Los Angeles Airport Police Chief Patrick Gannon said at a press conference. Gannon said the gunman was taken into custody following an officer-involved shooting.

Gannon said the gunman entered Terminal 3 of the airport at about 9:30 a.m., PST, pulled an assault rifle out of a bag and began to open fire. The gunman then proceeded up into the screening area and continued shooting, according to Gannon. He said the gunman got "far, very far back into the terminal."

He said the individual was tracked through the airport and authorities engaged him in gunfire inside Terminal 3. It was then that the suspect was taken into custody.

Los Angeles Fire Chief Jim Featherstone said the Los Angeles Fire Department treated seven individuals and transported six of those individuals to area hospitals.

A male TSA officer was killed in connection to the shooting. The union representing the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) says the male officer who was killed was a Behavior Detection Officer (BDO) who was the travel document checker at the checkpoint area, had recently transferred to LAX from Montana, and had no prior interaction with the shooter.

CBS Los Angeles has reported one 40-year-old male is dead in connection to the shooting. It is unclear whether the 40-year-old male is the TSA officer.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »
So that is anti-gov? Hmmm wasn't OWS anti-gov? Where did you find that info Rap? linky?

On Fox News... Cavuto.  Sorry for slow reply I've been running errands and now getting my mani and pedi so pardon spelling...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:34 pm »
Still, my first reaction on hearing someone targeted a TSA agent was "who can blame him?"
My apologies.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2013, 12:11:04 am »
Still, my first reaction on hearing someone targeted a TSA agent was "who can blame him?"
My apologies.

I have to admit a similiar thought came to me

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2013, 02:36:38 am »
Picture of possible rifle used in

Can't possibly be. That looks like a 30 round magazine laying there. Those are illegal in CA. The law prevents them from being used by criminals, right?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:33:10 am by xfreeper »