Author Topic: The Image Nobody in Battle Ever Wants to See Was Captured in a 28-Second, Heart-Stopping Video  (Read 1235 times)

Offline happyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYI4kM6je-k&feature=player_embedded

Gizmodo summed up the experience of watching the clip thusly: “So this is completely terrifying. In a you will probably pee a little bit…kind of way. In a holy crap wait a minute this isn’t a video game right kind of way. No, no it is not. This is what it looks like to take a direct hit from a tank shell in real life. You can see it blast out of the barrel and head straight for your face.”

The Aviationist blog reported that the clip, which shows a T-72 tank, was filmed in the village of Jobar outside the capital Damascus.

Rebels have been fighting the rule of Syrian President Bashar Assad for more than two years in a conflict that has claimed more than 100,000 lives.

(H/T: Gizmodo)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/31/the-image-nobody-in-battle-ever-wants-to-see-was-captured-in-a-28-second-heart-stopping-video/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
That's one way to reach out and touch someone.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline PzLdr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYI4kM6je-k&feature=player_embedded

Gizmodo summed up the experience of watching the clip thusly: “So this is completely terrifying. In a you will probably pee a little bit…kind of way. In a holy crap wait a minute this isn’t a video game right kind of way. No, no it is not. This is what it looks like to take a direct hit from a tank shell in real life. You can see it blast out of the barrel and head straight for your face.”

The Aviationist blog reported that the clip, which shows a T-72 tank, was filmed in the village of Jobar outside the capital Damascus.

Rebels have been fighting the rule of Syrian President Bashar Assad for more than two years in a conflict that has claimed more than 100,000 lives.

(H/T: Gizmodo)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/31/the-image-nobody-in-battle-ever-wants-to-see-was-captured-in-a-28-second-heart-stopping-video/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButton

That Syrian crew was WAY too frickin' slow getting that round downrange.  13859 13859 13859 :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
This is distressing? Why?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

When I was in the Army at Ft Hood, one night we did a joint exercise with a tank unit in which we, the infantry, were supposed to find a river crossing for the tanks to utilize. Those monsters were so impressive as they passed by our position and passed over the selected crossing.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline PzLdr

This is distressing? Why?

Why? I was a tanker way back in the day [M60s, M48s]. These assclowns offend my professional sensibilities.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why? I was a tanker way back in the day [M60s, M48s]. These assclowns offend my professional sensibilities.

Lucky man!! Always wanted to have a play in those. Noisy, uncomfortable, massive and slow - what's not to love?

Nah - I wouldn't trade you. My baby was noisy, uncomfortable, massive and fast  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:18:23 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink