Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Appeals court reinstates most of Texas' new abortion restrictions  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

BREAKING NEWS: Appeals court reinstates most of Texas' new abortion restrictions

By The Associated Press

Published: October 31, 2013 6:36 PM

Updated: October 31, 2013 7:02 PM

AUSTIN — A federal appeals court has reinstated most of Texas’ new abortion restrictions.

A panel of judges at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling Thursday evening, three days after District Judge Lee Yeakel said one provision serves no medical purpose.

The panel says that the law requiring doctors to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital can take effect while a lawsuit moves forward.

The Texas attorney general’s office argued that the law is a constitutional use of the Legislature’s authority.

Lawyers for Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers had argued that the regulations did not protect women and would shut down a third of the abortion clinics in Texas.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20131031-court-order-to-let-texas-enforce-new-abortion-restrictions.ece
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
But they leave in place the idiot judge's ruling that prohibits the state from enforcing the FDA's own protocal for RU-486.  That makes no sense.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
But they leave in place the idiot judge's ruling that prohibits the state from enforcing the FDA's own protocal for RU-486.  That makes no sense.

I agree! And that to will be vacated soon enough!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:58:20 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline raml

Love to hear good news for a change.

Offline sinkspur

This is very good news.  This means that the number of abortions will decrease dramatically since hospitals won't admit abortion doctors if they don't actually practice IN THE HOSPITAL.  This will happen right away.

And the longer the lawsuit goes on, the more abortion clinics will be closing.   In fact, Planned Parenthood estimated that, within a year, every abortion clinic west of I-35 will close.

That's nearly half the abortion clinics in Texas!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Great news from the 5th Circuit but this will surely be appealed to SCOTUS and we all know how that can go....