Author Topic: Molly Ringwald endorses Wendy Davis to be the 'next governor of Houston, Texas'  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.examiner.com/article/molly-ringwald-endorses-wendy-davis-to-be-the-next-governor-of-houston-texas

Molly Ringwald endorses Wendy Davis to be the 'next governor of Houston, Texas'

October 31, 2013

Actress Molly Ringwald opened herself up to ridicule Wednesday when she issued a tweet endorsing Democrat Wendy Davis, calling her the "next governor of Houston, Texas," Twitchy reported.

"Support this woman. The next governor of Houston, Texas," she tweeted, apparently unaware that Davis is running to be the governor of the entire state.

"A low-info candidate gets a low-info celeb endorsement," Twitchy said. "Kinda fitting, don’t you think?"

Ringwald, the star of “Sixteen Candles” and “The Breakfast Club,” included a picture of herself with Davis in her tweet.

Twitter users soundly mocked the actress.

"Now now poor @MollyRingwald was busy making movies she didn’t have time for silly things like history or geography," one person said.

Another person observed that Davis would be the first governor the city has ever had in its entire history while calling Ringwald a "moron."

Others, including the National Review's Jim Geraghty, suggested letting Davis be governor of Houston while letting someone else run the rest of the state.

"Also, support me. I am running for President of Norcross, GA," another person tweeted.

Another person observed that if Sarah Palin had said something similar, she would be the subject of a new Saturday Night Live skit.

Others, apparently unaware of Ringwald's gaffe, agreed with the actress.

Earlier this year, Davis became the darling of the pro-abortion left when she engaged in a nearly 13-hour filibuster against new abortion restrictions in Texas, prompting some pro-life conservatives to dub her "abortion Barbie."

As of this writing, Ringwald has yet to issue a correction.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Hey Molly, shut up and act.

Oh wait, not sure you can do that either.

She needs a #dumbass.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another lo-info voter..and unfortunately their votes count.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

I'm much more interested in what Phoebe Cates has to say.   :seeya:

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Let me see...what was the last Academy Award performance by Molly Ringworm................................................................................

OKhaibai....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

WHO is Molly Ringwald??

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Let me see...what was the last Academy Award performance by Molly Ringworm................................................................................

Ringworm,  :silly:

My mom always calls her that.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
WHO is Molly Ringwald??
An eighties, flash in the pan, high maintenance, tempermental, fugly Hollywood wannabe...

But I mean that in a GOOD way.....

:whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Meh, she was never that impressive in the first place, and I'm into redheads.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

I am completely against this.

President of Austin, maybe, but not Houston (nor Dallas).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Dang. I liked her in Pretty in Pink and totally loved her in Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink