Author Topic: Rep. Issa subpoenas Sebelius  (Read 991 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Issa subpoenas Sebelius
« on: October 31, 2013, 04:24:21 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/188830-sebelius-hit-with-obamacare-subpoena

October 31, 2013, 11:53 am
Rep. Issa subpoenas Sebelius

By Elise Viebeck

House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa on Thursday subpoenaed Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius over ObamaCare's rocky rollout.

Issa (R-Calif.) accused Sebelius's agency of withholding documents that would shed light on why HealthCare.gov launched with massive technical problems on Oct. 1.

The subpoena compels HHS to produce certain documents by Nov. 13. In a statement, Issa called the department's failure to comply with previous information requests "completely unacceptable."

“The American people deserve to know why the administration spent significant taxpayer money on a product that is entirely dysfunctional and puts their personal information at risk," said the California Republican.

Issa had raised the possibility of a subpoena in a letter to HHS last week. He issued a similar order to ObamaCare contractor Quality Software Services Inc. on Tuesday.

The Obama administration is under enormous pressure to explain why the healthcare law's online enrollment system is still failing.

Republicans on the Oversight Committee are seeking information about the site's construction and testing, as well as the number of people who have successfully enrolled so far.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rep. Issa subpoenas Sebelius
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:28:25 pm »
GOOD!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »
She will stonewall him too.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:45:36 pm »
Nothing will come of this either.  **nononono*

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 05:55:40 pm »
Nothing will come of this either.  **nononono*

Exactly. Issa will get camera time, that is the point of any of his dog and pony shows.
Pointless flailing is much worse than doing nothing.

I wish Issa would just shut up.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »
Great. We can get to the bottom of this like we did with fast and furious.......whoa, wait a minute....

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »
The only thing that prevents Issa from getting the "Schumer Award" for speed to the camera is they media doesn't interview Republicans unless they are mavericks.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.